Would you sell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was getting gas yesterday in my 2006 Toyota Tundra 4x4 4 door SR5 with 101k miles, all stock except for a Bilstein Suspension System. Photo below.

A gent came over and started asking about it and asked if I would consider selling it, he seemed to know about the Tundra line of Trucks, knew it was a 1st gen and had owned one like it in the extended cab, not 4 full doors.

He offered me $21k for it, was serious and stated if I met him at his Bank, which is my Bank as well he would buy it.

Told him I would ponder on it. It would cost well north of twice the offer to replace it, but I would not need to replace it. I have other trucks and such.

Would you sell?

View attachment 428082View attachment 428083
I have a 1st gen Tacoma with 114000 on it. Ain't selling till it dies. You are only about 1/4 through your service life. Run it into the ground.

With the price of new trucks keep it as long as you can.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, Was trying to figure out what you all's talkin' about. Looked it up to see old body style.
Got a 2011 with 37K miles and it ain't for sale. Cost too much to replace it.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough call…. I don’t think you can go wrong either way. $21k is high for that truck IMO and I’d say you be doing good taking it. But on the other hand, that’s the Golden Era of Toyota and they ain’t making anymore of them! Can’t go wrong keeping it either

I’m a 1996-2006 Toyota fanatic. It’s all I’ve driven for the last 15 years. I’ve had a couple 1st gen tundras. As well as 4Runners/tacomas/sequoias/etc. Also my wifes family all drives older Toyotas too. I’ve been around a ton of them.

The 2004-2006 tundras and sequoias got better ball joints. They still need to be replaced every 100k… but the majority of the wheel falling off going down the road stuff is on the 2000-2003 tundras

The 2005-2006 also got about 35 more HP out of the 4.7 with variable valve timing, better 5spd auto trans, and the TRD 4x4s often had a limited slip differential. Good trucks! My brother in law has a 2006 TRD 4x4 like yours with 280k on it, still daily driving and still runs great

Personally, I prefer the 2000-2003 access cab over the bigger double cab. So I’d sell it lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom