WOW !! Just opened a safe for a widow lady.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just opened a safe for a widow in Broken Arrow, Her husband died a few weeks ago and she didn't know the combo to the safe so she calls me to open it for her. I had to drill it open and when we got it done there were about 10 -11 guns in there and about 200-250 lbs. of silver bars in boxes and silver coins in bags. With silver at $480.00 dollars a lb. then 200 lbs. would be worth $96,000.00. I figured there was closer to 250 lbs. Just thought that was cool to see that much silver in one place, She thought so too!!

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guns were not great, She did give me a Remington model 512 bolt action .22 and a Mossberg 500, and a friend bought a Rossi .20 ga. SXS. The others were a Rem. 66 nylon (brown), a Win. 62 about 20%, Browning A-5 in bad shape, Marlin 60 in SS, Colt DA.45 and a Colt police positive in .38spl. I think there was 1-2 more but can't remember them? She is going to give me a chance to buy them all after Christmas.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nm. I guess u don't get it.

Could you explain your side?
From my perspective, your free to talk about your experiences providing you don't provide specific details. (to identify the persons, locations, dates, times, etc....)
So I don't see any conflict so far....
Just curious of your concern.

Oh, cool story! That must have been an awesome sight.
Hopefully she can sell it a honest going rates, ...or store it in a bank safety security drawer.
I would be a little nervous about having that much 'value' not locked up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom