You Know You're a ********* if...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Ok ok then....

All from seeing it in person:

...you put Buick-esque "Portholes" on your car that is NOT a Buick that is at least 50 years old.

...your spoiler weighs more than an ENTIRE formula 1 car. (OK, not quite, but close)

...your stereo can be heard inside the convenience store... across the street!

...you think you're entitled to parking your Navigator across two handicapped places for ANY reason other than being handicapped.

...you think you're entitled to two spaces because your Hummer/F350/Benz/insert-other-large-or-expensive-vehicle-here is too big or worth more than other cars. (park in the boonies or park between the lines)

I'll think of more later.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, how many of you have HID's on your car that will actually admit it? I bet theres many on here.

On every car I own. Factory equipped. I don't think they are blinding so much as very white. They are intense and not to be stared into, if your not looking right at them, they do not project a blinding "beam" of light.

and my fog lamps stay on, on the Camaro anytime it's key is on. :)

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fact: HID lights are only legal if you car had this option from the factory.
Fact: HID need to be used with Projectors or the light will diffuse and blind everyone.
Fact: HID projectors spread less defused light then halogen lights.

oh and to ad my tid bit to the thread.

you know youre a Douche bag when you flash your brights at someone who dosent have their high beams on.
Look at your own lane and not at my headlights.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fact: HID need to be used with Projectors or the light will diffuse and blind everyone.

you know youre a Douche bag when you flash your brights at someone who dosent have their high beams on.
Look at youre one lane and not at my headlights.

I bet 90% of the time they are flashing because the person headlights are so bright they look like brights. So there.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Look at youre one lane and not at my headlights.

That's not fact though man. They produce far more light. Some people just prefer the literal beam that halogens put out. HID lights are typically shielded and produce a blanket of light. I hit the flashing people that don't have their high beams on earlier, it is rather gratifying showing them what HID BRIGHT is though:D Then they kick their candle burners on Edison and stay that way, as if you can even tell over the wrath of god coming from your front end when you do the same.....

ai428.photobucket.com_albums_qq4_Corvetteran_20110127162027.jpg

ai428.photobucket.com_albums_qq4_Corvetteran_20110127162206.jpg

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet 90% of the time they are flashing because the person headlights are so bright they look like brights. So there.

Actually I bet it's because 90% of them are used to the tiny amount of light what they are driving is producing and can't understand the difference. Like I said earlier though. There are these jerk offs that just buy the bulbs and wedge them in cars not made for such things and cause issues.

Vehicles that are designed for them with the proper housing don't create that blinding effect. It just amazes me that we are quickly headed toward the majority of vehicles having them as original equipment and people that flash them all.

A cigarette lighter is pretty bright if you have been in a dark cave for an hour..... Again, I agree with some of what you are saying, but I drive against the same vehicles everyone else does and rarely notice HID's being the issue. It's either improper application, or somebody really does have their HB's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom