You Know You're a ********* if...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a 2010 IS250. The HID headlamps on that thing are amazing! There's a sharply defined line on how high they will illuminate, which is definitely not high enough to blind oncoming drivers. The right one illuminates a step higher then the left. The spill low and to the sides pretty much makes fog lamps unnecessary. Oh, and they turn with the steering wheel to illuminate the corners. No one ever flashes their brights at me. Yet when on e a lonely stretch of road, the high beams light up like stadium lighting!

I put Sylvania Silver Stars in all my halogen equipped vehicles. My wife is mildly night blind, so the extra light at a warmer temperature is a safety measure. Even they don't hold a candle to those HID's though.

Oh, and I hate stupid drivers. You know who you are! :D

You know the worst part is that my Tundra has dial in headlights for when you are towing. I can raise and lower my lights from a simple numbered dial in the cab. When I'm in town I usually keep them down a few steps in order to keep any of my lights out of peoples side mirrors at stop lights. Places like I-44 where it is divided and has a wall for the most part I crank em up to normal.

If I am that close to your vehicle on the freeway it's because you passed me and felt the need to change lanes back 5 ft. in front of me. Some of those jack-wagons get the full brights.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know the worst part is that my Tundra has dial in headlights for when you are towing. I can raise and lower my lights from a simple numbered dial in the cab. When I'm in town I usually keep them down a few steps in order to keep any of my lights out of peoples side mirrors at stop lights. Places like I-44 where it is divided and has a wall for the most part I crank em up to normal.

If I am that close to your vehicle on the freeway it's because you passed me and felt the need to change lanes back 5 ft. in front of me. Some of those jack-wagons get the full brights.

this would be nice. I know my car sits low, so most slightly higher trucks are right in the rearview or sides. I have no real complaints other than bitching about common road courtesy..as we all know doesn't exist anymore, but if it might blind someone at a light or something, shut them down for a sec.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate when i'm sitting in the line at KFC/Tacobell/Burger King and some giant lifted monstrosity pulls in behind me with full lights and sits there making my cars interior look like daylight. I even experienced this in my F-150 several times.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only thing that bites my rear as far as normal driving are the people that pull up to a marked merge lane and stop when they have a quarter mile of lane to match speed and merge.

There are a couple of spots in the Muskogee area where people do that all of the time.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also hate the idiots who drive through rhema looking at christmas light with their beams on!!! Fools. If you dislike tailgaters your in the wrong lane!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
this would be nice. I know my car sits low, so most slightly higher trucks are right in the rearview or sides. I have no real complaints other than bitching about common road courtesy..as we all know doesn't exist anymore, but if it might blind someone at a light or something, shut them down for a sec.

I have shut my lights off in this situation before, when driving a big truck.

So what I'm hearing, is that it ticks you off that you drive a low riding car that lets normal vehicles blind you when you're in front of them?

I drive a BMW with the sport package, so I know about riding low.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tailgaters are douchebags and often get my bird

I tend to give tailgaters a brake check if they are driving a decent vehicle. Figure they have insurance.
Clunkers get the bird, or I adjust the rear view mirrors to reflect their own light back into their eyes. Amazing how they back off.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On every car I own. Factory equipped. I don't think they are blinding so much as very white. They are intense and not to be stared into, if your not looking right at them, they do not project a blinding "beam" of light.
:)
I hate even the factory ones. With my 22 mile one way commute, mostly in the dark, when one of them comes my way, my brights come on, and stay on.
I'm blinded for several seconds, even when looking at the white line on the right side of the road to prevent looking dirctly into the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom