You think the Cartel prefers AK’s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m seriously curious as to how these people get a hold of machine guns. It’s hard enough for law abiding citizens with the cash necessary to get them, how does the cartel get these by the apparent truckload?
Cartels have plenty of money, and we have plenty of crooks in positions of authority.
___

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m seriously curious as to how these people get a hold of machine guns. It’s hard enough for law abiding citizens with the cash necessary to get them, how does the cartel get these by the apparent truckload?
I’m not sure why they even bother trying to get American guns. Now what would be interesting to figure out is where the 249 came from. Maybe some of these trains being robbed. But as for the AKs they could just go down to Venezuela and buy real AK-47s for probably 50 to 100 bucks. Before Hugo Chavez died he got a contract with Russia to build a plant and manufacture honest-to-goodness real AK-47s with Russia’s blessing. Why would they want semi autos from here in the United States when they could have the real thing for less

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not sure why they even bother trying to get American guns. Now what would be interesting to figure out is where the 249 came from. Maybe some of these trains being robbed. But as for the AKs they could just go down to Venezuela and buy real AK-47s for probably 50 to 100 bucks. Before Hugo Chavez died he got a contract with Russia to build a plant and manufacture honest-to-goodness real AK-47s with Russia’s blessing. Why would they want semi autos from here in the United States when they could have the real thing for less
That wouldn't fit the "disarm Americans" plan.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, It boils down to logistics. Getting anything from South American to northern Mexico involved not only crossing through several border crossings and multiple parts of Mexico who may be under control of the gov and other cartels, but also the Darien Gap in Panama. The Darien gap is 60ish miles of impenetrable jungle, mountains, and swamp, that’s constantly being patrolled by the FARC, a 10,000 strong resistance army in Columbia, several criminal groups, and other unsavory individuals. There’s never been a road put through there, partially due to the terrain, partially due to the crime, and I’ve actually heard that there was a push by US big beef to keep it that way to prevent hoof and mouth disease from migrating here from South America.

On the other hand, boats are more expensive than cars, and present an easy target for US and other nations coast guard. Driving a car from the southern US to northern Mexico eliminates all of the above issues with either route. Just have to find some soccer moms or dudes driving work vans to get across the border for a short trip.

for an interesting read: Darién Gap - Wikipedia

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
NextGen Jalisco cartel has been making their own weapons from what I have read
And armored vehicles. Pretty creative stuff.
853D9402-248F-40E8-94AF-02549BE9CC5C.jpeg
BB533FBF-F5BA-49A9-AA5E-E5E20FC3700B.jpeg
82EBA44C-32D9-4D12-9B17-4B2DF14913F7.jpeg
A25E6CD6-B976-47ED-9CB9-273F71D61355.jpeg

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
lol 'our' military is even a higher % hispanic than our population; 'official' or otherwise.

ask rome how they fared when the people tasked with fighting for rome weren't even romans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom