YouTubeTV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a Fire TV, has a bunch of different services you can subscribe to. Not sports person so don't need anything.

Bought an antenna for local TV. Lots of channels here in the Edmond viewing area. It's a little flat panel about the size of a dinner plate that sits out of sight behind the TV. We have been going next door to the Daughters house to Watch Yellowstone Sunday nights. Hate all those commercials. I told her if we waited until Monday morning we could watch it commercial free, because I bought the series for $20 on prime before this season started,

Subscribe to Net Flix, Prime and Britbox with in prime. Free access to Youtube, the video's not the Channel package. Lots little 15-20 minute programs. Matt's of road recovery, FabRats, Edwin Sarkissian, Out of the Woods, Matt Cremona, Kentucky Ballistics, Hoover boys and a bunch of others.

Only complaint is form the wife. She has no access to CNN/FoxNews, to which I say good.

Lots of stuff you can do on these smart TV's. Games, connect to you laptop. A lot of the same apps you have on your phone you can get on your TV.

Once I got the Fire TV, I got rid of the Roku. Save it for traveling-but couldn't find it last week when we went to Minnesota to see the Great Grandson. Stayed with the Daughter while we were up there and she had a Fire TV and all we had to was log on to our services and pick up where we left off at home.

The Smart TV's are like a Roku or Firestick with a screen basically. All you need is an internet connection.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't watch KOCO, but for ESPN, I've been using the ESPN+ app. I run it during College FBall season and then for College Bball and then let it expire.

That does suck about YouTube TV and the Disney spat. I see why though, Disney has hitler syndrome and is trying to push the bundle they offer. My guess is YouTube TV wont be the last.
I didn't think you could watch any of the ESPN channels via ESPN+.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am new to all this, been using 5-6 mb/s 30Gig/mo max cell phone internet for 20 years, now have fiber to the house at 900mb/sec and no limits. I should have added I had been using DirectTV and cancelled it off. Now trying to figure out all this streaming stuff. Purchased Ruko TV's but needing a few more channels. Anyone out here looked at Vidgo? Seems to cover most of my interests and just month to month.

Philo has 60+ channels but no locals for $20/month.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm hoping they work something out, but since it's bowl season I'll find some way to watch the handful of bowls I want to see. Might go with a roku stick with the 30 day trial of FUBO TV as a back up way to watch ESPN.

We switched from DirecTV to YouTubeTV because we were tired of the signal fade during storms and have been really happy until this contract dispute. I haven't heard good things about Hulu Live TV so I don't know that I'd consider that at all.
We have Hulu live and have been happy with it. That being said, my wife is the one who watches it I haven't watched TV in years. It just doesn't interest me anymore.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using Sling and happy with it. Tried Hulu live hated that.

ETA: sling probably won't have your locals.
I also use Sling, but I have Sling Blue because I don't want any ESPN channels. I live about ten miles from the Coweta antenna farm so I get the local channels with no problem, which is great for severe storm coverage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom