Beginners GYM/Work Out Plan Advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XDsooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went to Sam's to load up on chicken breast and some veggies, almonds, apples, banana's, plain yogurt..... already feel better knowing I wont be eating a bag of chips, cookies, and candy all day tomorrow. May the force be strong in me, LOL...... now what to do with all these Girl Scout Cookies i got last weekend??

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went to Sam's to load up on chicken breast and some veggies, almonds, apples, banana's, plain yogurt..... already feel better knowing I wont be eating a bag of chips, cookies, and candy all day tomorrow. May the force be strong in me, LOL...... now what to do with all these Girl Scout Cookies i got last weekend??

Shoot the cookies and join a Crossfit gym and you'll never need look back sir! My best friend goes to Exile in Moore and I know there's a gym in Norman! Trust me, you'll "slim up":smash:

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their is no training for general wellness...

Pick something that interest you. Strength training, hypertrophy (bodybuilding), weight loss. Each one has different rules.

Basics are:
Strength - Eat lots! Low Reps, heavy weights, multi joint movements. If you want to do this Starting Strength can give you all the info you need. You will get bigger, some of it will be fat.

Hypertrophy - Still need to eat lots, but quailty of food over quantity is normally the rule. Reps from 10 - 15 range, excercises split between muscle groups to give a balanced build. Eat enough and you will get big, eat too little and you will lose weight.

Weight loss - Simple as hell. Burn more calories than you consume. Normally low weight and hig rep. Get to use cool buzz words like "cardio" and "core". They also have classes to make it easy for you, and they are always full of women.

I will advise you to stay away from Crossfit until you get in decent shape and have more knowledge. I have done some WOD's with my friends. My belief is that you you ignore form to try to get better times on a WOD you will regret it. Form is a must to avoid injury.

Girl Scout cookies can be used post-workout to help restore muscle glycogen. So only eat them with a post workout meal and muscle glycogen is your excuse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom