Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ran my best 5K yesterday morning. Got the Redbud coming up and then the Memorial Half Marathon. Still doing 2.25-2.5 miles at lunch during the week.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been training for my upcoming races, first one is two weeks from today, hit the gym this morning, ran a mile then climbed 5000 feet for a total of 5 miles, 575 reps of back and chest for endurance, then 250 reps of abs, and then off to draper for 7 miles on my mountain bike, now time to shower and walk the fairgrounds and check out some cars

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been training for my upcoming races, first one is two weeks from today, hit the gym this morning, ran a mile then climbed 5000 feet for a total of 5 miles, 575 reps of back and chest for endurance, then 250 reps of abs, and then off to draper for 7 miles on my mountain bike, now time to shower and walk the fairgrounds and check out some cars
Nice. What races are you training for?

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the warrior dash on the 23 of this month and then the rugged maniac the following Saturday, conquer the gauntlet in June and prob gonna pick up another two races in between those, trying to win one this year, took 5th last year at the rugged maniac, hate running and wanted to still be competitive in something, found these obstacle races, have had a blast doing them

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the warrior dash on the 23 of this month and then the rugged maniac the following Saturday, conquer the gauntlet in June and prob gonna pick up another two races in between those, trying to win one this year, took 5th last year at the rugged maniac, hate running and wanted to still be competitive in something, found these obstacle races, have had a blast doing them
What wave times for Rugged Maniac and Conquer the Gauntlet? I'm doing both of those at 11am. I did the Rugged Maniac last year but CTG is new to me. I'm also doing the Mud Factor in Norman on May 28th. It's not as intense as the other races but still some fun in the mud. I don't think the Dirty 30 is happening this year so I'm bummed about that.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What wave times for Rugged Maniac and Conquer the Gauntlet? I'm doing both of those at 11am. I did the Rugged Maniac last year but CTG is new to me. I'm also doing the Mud Factor in Norman on May 28th. It's not as intense as the other races but still some fun in the mud. I don't think the Dirty 30 is happening this year so I'm bummed about that.

I'm doing the first waves on all 3, don't remember the times right now, just know I signed up for the start, hated waiting in lines for the obstacles

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of the dirty 30, I was looking for that one this year, did see one that going on at the motorcross track(mud factor?) south of Norman on the south side of the river, I think I'll sign up for that one, close to home

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of the dirty 30, I was looking for that one this year, did see one that going on at the motorcross track(mud factor?) south of Norman on the south side of the river, I think I'll sign up for that one, close to home
I did it last year. It's fun. You'll probably get stuck in line at the obstacles since it's cheap enough that everyone shows up (large ladies included). But it's not timed and mostly just for fun.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like those obstacle runs...much more fun than just plodding around for 5K. My wife and I have done two Warrior Dash events so far...

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
14.3 miles, 5 laps around Mitch Park. The hills certainly highlighted a lack of glute strength.

That's something I'll need to work on post-race.

By the way, were any of you guys running around Mitch Park with a pack? Maybe showed up in a white Subaru with a "556" sticker on the back?

I crossed paths a couple times with a guy who looked like he could be training for a Run n Gun.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom