Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been doing crossfit for about three months now. Only lost 10 lbs but more importantly went down two pant sizes. I had Crossfit four days this week with lifting after on one day which were Squats and floor press. Floor press was 65% of max, 4 x10. Squats was emom(every minute on the minute) started at 50% and worked our way up to 80%. 50% was 8 reps, 60 and 65% were 5 reps, 70 and 75% were 3 reps, and 80 % for as many reps as possible. I forgot the day after leg day is always so much fun, especially the three flights of stairs up to my apartment.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finished a 6 week sandbag training program I downloaded from a gym called Atomic Athlete in Austin,TX. I like it because I can do everything in my barn and pasture since I'm not much of a gym guy. You take a test before and after and there was marked improvement across the board. I also improved my 2 mile road run time by 33 seconds. Its been a nice change of pace from my normal running routine and it gave my nagging knee injury a little time to heal.

Here's the test, it's similar to what the daily sessions looked like.
70# sandbag (duffle filled with corn)
AMRAP in 4 minutes. (2.75 rounds)
10 SB lunges
10 jump lunges
10 SB squats
5 jump squats
Rest 4 minutes

AMRAP in 4 minutes (6 full rounds)
2 pullups
3 SB push press
12 pushups
Rest 4 minutes

5 rounds for time (12:37)
5 SB get-up
5 burpee
~200 meter run
Rest 4 minute

2 rounds for time (23:08 - way too slow)
~400 meter SB carry
~1200 meter run

That's it. Its kind of a watered down, lazy mans version of Rob Shaul's operator ugly test [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^ this looks like a great workout plan.

Ive been going on 3 weeks of rest. I tweaked my hamstring on a sprint/weights workout. Work has been extraordinarily busy too.

I may go for a jog today to see how i'm holding up.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^ this looks like a great workout plan.

I'm a believer.

The same outfit also has a program tailor made for run n gun/ biathlons. It was built for guys going to Pecos and Battle Roads. I won't start it until June. It looks to be tough. Way overkill for a 10k RnG IMO but with a little tinkering, it would prepare a guy for a 20k [emoji6] . This is a sample session and by far not the hardest.

1 mile loaded run
Rest 5 min
3/4 mile loaded run
Rest 4 min
1/2 mile loaded run
Rest 3 min
1/4 mile unloaded run
Rest 2 min
50 min steady state unloaded run

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a believer.

The same outfit also has a program tailor made for run n gun/ biathlons. It was built for guys going to Pecos and Battle Roads. I won't start it until June. It looks to be tough. Way overkill for a 10k RnG IMO but with a little tinkering, it would prepare a guy for a 20k [emoji6] . This is a sample session and by far not the hardest.

1 mile loaded run
Rest 5 min
3/4 mile loaded run
Rest 4 min
1/2 mile loaded run
Rest 3 min
1/4 mile unloaded run
Rest 2 min
50 min steady state unloaded run

How much weight is considered "loaded"?

Latest posts