Home security system ?s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guardian has a few praises here, is there any better suggestions in Edmond? We're stuck paying for a land line just for the monitoring. We'd like to ditch that and go cell.

Guardian has cell transmitters allowing you to not have a land line. It is extra, I just don't remember off the top of my head. We chose land line due to getting a cox bundle.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because monitoring is pretty much worthless(it will take 15-30 minutes for the police to show up), spend extra money on extra sirens and flashing lights, battery backup, cell phone communication, etc. When mine goes off, all hell breaks loose in noise and lights. It's your basic shock & awe, scare the living **** out of them deal. Also, DO NOT rely on just one system. Have backups. I personally have hidden motion sensor backups that call ME and let me listen in.

I don't work for an alarm company, and I don't think monitoring is worthless.

I do agree that the more attention your system gets when it is going off the better you are. My neighbors absolutely know when mine goes off.

There are several different things alarm systems protect against, your hidden sensors and backups will do nothing for a smash and grab, but in fact none of them will. They do provide peace of mind at night, and when some of us have to travel for our loved ones.

+1 for Guardian.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an existing system. It includes fire alarm as well. I am interested in possibly adding video and getting it all monitored. What are your recommendations on video security? If needed I can always add the video and save it to a HD incase of an incident. I also have a very large dog (German Shepherd) that is indoors so I need to make sure she wont trip the alarm.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an existing system. It includes fire alarm as well. I am interested in possibly adding video and getting it all monitored. What are your recommendations on video security? If needed I can always add the video and save it to a HD incase of an incident. I also have a very large dog (German Shepherd) that is indoors so I need to make sure she wont trip the alarm.

We had an existing system and Vivint was able to tie into all of the existing sensors and just add a new panel. We chose not to do motion sensors in our home as I think they are useless anyway. All of our possible entrances are covered by sensors and we have a glass break sensor, so there's not really a need for motion detection. Our system will also email us for any host of things, including if we left our garage door up, etc.

mprvise

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would recommend you give Advance Alarms a call. We use them at work. I know the president Shannon Morrison, so if you want a personal reference give me a PM.

We've used them for years at our business and switched to them for our home last year. Couldn't be more pleased. They also do great security camera system set ups.

Latest posts

Top Bottom