TRAILBOSS POWDER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t need it. They must have stopped making it because it was not that good, profits were low. Did you ever find some? I seen where you wanted to buy some?
Never did although I saw some folks here were going to offer it for sale. I decided to go other routes to get to subsonics since it was so hard to find. Now with production stopped it just doesn't make sense to scrounge to find a pound here or there when there are more readily available alternatives.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never did although I saw some folks here were going to offer it for sale. I decided to go other routes to get to subsonics since it was so hard to find. Now with production stopped it just doesn't make sense to scrounge to find a pound here or there when there are more readily available alternatives.
What powder do you use and what caliber

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya'll should roll your own like @swampratt using 6 rolls of pistol caps, flux from 3 - 6011 welding rods, 5 drops muskrat oil and the hair from 2 squirrel tails.:rollingla
He let me shoot some a few days back!
Let me tail ya the squirrel hair does wonders!

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trail Boss is highly sought by Cowboy Action shooters.

The Gates biohazard release caused production to shutdown. Trail Boss hasn't officially ended production, but it has not resumed.

The canisters are the same size as 1#, but are 9oz for Trail Boss.

Easy to load, bulky powder, takes up space, super safe, close to foolproof loads.

I bought 22 canisters, just before the shutdown. Only 15 left, sold a couple.
I load Trail Boss in .30-06, .30-30, .45C, .44M, .41M, .357M and .30C, with cast bullets. Very versatile powder. I have loaded down, .357 brass with 95 gr powder coated bullets to 325 fps. The bullets were purple powder coated. So slow, they could be SEEN flying to the target.

Trail Boss is perfect for light loads to train young or recoil shy shooters.
Not everything requires a maximum magnum loaded eargensplitzen loudenboomer bunker buster load.

Latest posts

Top Bottom