TRAILBOSS POWDER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trail Boss is highly sought by Cowboy Action shooters.

The Gates biohazard release caused production to shutdown. Trail Boss hasn't officially ended production, but it has not resumed.

The canisters are the same size as 1#, but are 9oz for Trail Boss.

Easy to load, bulky powder, takes up space, super safe, close to foolproof loads.

I bought 22 canisters, just before the shutdown. Only 15 left, sold a couple.
I load Trail Boss in .30-06, .30-30, .45C, .44M, .41M, .357M and .30C, with cast bullets. Very versatile powder. I have loaded down, .357 brass with 95 gr powder coated bullets to 325 fps. The bullets were purple powder coated. So slow, they could be SEEN flying to the target.

Trail Boss is perfect for light loads to train young or recoil shy shooters.
Not everything requires a maximum magnum loaded eargensplitzen loudenboomer bunker buster load.
Seems to be versatile.
Can you use jacketed bullets?
Now that most can not get it,
What are they using in its place?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems to be versatile.
Can you use jacketed bullets?
Now that most can not get it,
What are they using in its place?

Most everything I shoot is powder coated. I have never used a jacketed bullet with TB.

Before TB, I used Unique for most loads. Unique is about as scarce as TB. Bullseye and AA #5 & #7 are very popular. Another obsolete that I believe was popular is 700X.
In rifle loads, I didn't down load, until grandson wanted a .30-06 and then, didn't like it because of recoil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom