Wife doesn't take home protection seriously... please help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you figure it out please let me know my wife and I have our CCL and every Christmas time you here about some woman being raped or taken from a parking lot at one of the Malls I bought here a little 38 for her to carry but she just doesnt take it serious enough I tell her to put the gun in your hand in her purse and walk to her car way and does she do it of course not anyway good luck
Have A Great Evening
flashover08
}><}}};> 2 CHRONICLES 7:14 <;{{{><{

My MIL is scared to death to go shopping at Christmas, and refuses to carry a gun. I bought her some tear gas, showed her how it worked by shooting at some cardboard, and then like you, told her to keep her hand on it when walking in the parking lot.
Last Christmas, we were walking out of the mall, and I asked her where her tear gas can was at. Took her about a minute to dig it out of her purse, somewhere around the bottom.

I give up.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Hell, I'm a firearms instructor and can't figure out why she doesn't even consider it. I have friends of hers come to my SDA classes and even to some of my next step classes and they all want to know if she is a good shot, or what type of gun she carries. I have to tell them that she just doesn't get it. She isn't scared of guns at all, just doesn't think she would be able to shoot someone if it came down to it. Says they would take it away from her and use it on her. I guess I'm lucky that she is smart enough to realize here limitations, but it is frustrating...

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will probably have to give up on her ever cleaning & loading a weapon. Just be satisfied if she will pick a weapon up and shoot it if it is ever necesary.

My first choice of a home defense weapon for a woman who doesn't take shooting seriously or is intimidated by guns would be a .410 pump shotgun. Almost no recoil and almost dummy proof to use. Load it up with heavy bird shot.

For a handgun, I would suggest getting her a good 9 shot .22 LR revolver with a 4" Barrel and a smooth 4 pound trigger pull... load it up with CCI Stingers... stick-it in a good holster and tell her to put it where she can get to it in a emergency. Then if she ever gets scared enough.. she will at least be able to get a few rounds into a intruder. With a revolver it is just point and squeeze the trigger.

Maybe the shots alone will scare the BG away. A lot of gun guys fail to take into account that in a emergency situation, firing a large caliber handgun or shotgun in the house will darn near cause total deafness.... and that a single loud bang like that might just scare the hell out of the wife or daughter so that they won't fire a second shot. Best to be satisfied with what you can get them to accept... as it is far better than them using no weapon at all.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is taking it to the extreme, but there is an audio clip out there of a frantic screaming womans call to 911 while a BG breaks into her house, which ends in a gunshot and the woman no longer answering the dispatchers questions. I was lead to believe the woman died in the incident.

Given the choice of dying with a phone in your hand while waiting for the police to get there or picking up a weapon and defending yourself are the two conclusions you come to.

Hopefully someone here knows the clip I am talking about and can find it for you

Good luck!

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't freak her out and all that.

Just take her to the gun range and teach her how to use a certain weapon.
Then, keep that weapon in a certain spot that she knows.
She will know what to do when/if she needs to.
Instinct of a mom to protect her kids will kick in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom