The New America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaseme3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all agree that any restrictions on firearms are unconstitional, however there are restictions and they want more. So what ideas do any of you have in how we could compromise on that would allow either fewer or different restrictions that could be put in place?

EDIT: Added the post below in since a few of you aren't understanding where im coming from and your just derailing and saying NO COMPROMISE, which isn't a viable answer...

Your misunderstanding what im saying, many of our 2A rights are already compromised. Im talking about what could we change that would compromise less(for us) and satisfy more(for them). A better balance could be achievable, if people are willing to atleast brainstorm...

Last edited:

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They will continue to chip away at the 2A(more and more restrictions) until we are completely disarmed.

Do not be fooled; you cannot be trusted to lawfully and peaceably own or carry a firearm. Only the elite should have that power(government officials). /sarcasm

Stand your ground. No compromise.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They will continue to chip away at the 2A(more and more restrictions) until we are completely disarmed.

Do not be fooled; you cannot be trusted to lawfully and peaceably own or carry a firearm. Only the elite should have that power(government officials). /sarcasm

Stand your ground. No compromise.

Your view is well expressed in other threads by most posters. The op is asking a specific question about what can be done to modify current rules without any new restrictions. Its a good question, lets not derail this one.

smax

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you are going to have a hard time finding anyone here ready to compromise their 2A rights away. "Derail" posts are probably the best you can hope for here.

Chaseme3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your misunderstanding what im saying, many of our 2A rights are already compromised. Im talking about what could we change that would compromise less(for us) and satisfy more(for them). A better balance could be achievable, if people are willing to atleast brainstorm...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We could compromise on a voluntary purchaser background check that would result in a purchase ID that would eliminate NICS checks and freedom to purchase a fiream in any state.

We could provide funding for local and state reporting of those adjudicated in a court of law as mentally incompetent to the NICS database, in conjunction with an appeals process for those that wish to have their rights restored.

We could provide additional funding for the joint NSSF/BATFE program "Don't Lie For The Other Guy" PSA campaign, and encourage individual sellers to vet purchasers voluntarily, or at least ask some basic questions before selling to an unknown person.

That's it.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
National Reciprocity ID. I like it...as long as it doesn't store all the guns I own in some database. Could also make it a Voter ID and a Legal Immigrant ID and kill 3 birds with one stone.

Chaseme3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
While the purchaser ID seems nice and yes they don't know what you have or how many, they still have a big nice list of people who have atleast went through the trouble to possibly own a firearm.

I do like the idea of the mental database though.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all agree that any restrictions on firearms are unconstitional, however there are restictions and they want more. So what ideas do any of you have in how we could compromise on that would allow either fewer or different restrictions that could be put in place?

Less restrictions on guns would help.

We could start by doing the following:

-Do away with all of the "gun safe" zones. These are soft targets. Time has proven this over and over.
-State funded training courses on gun safety and defensive tactics. I would gladly accept a tax increase to cover this, as would most others I'm sure.
-Parents need to pay attention to their children and actually give a damn to catch/fix these "mental" issues quickly. Putting a child on meds and calling it good, is not the answer. There's parents that will pay attention and those that won't. Good luck with the latter.
-Educate people, especially the media. This one will probably be the hardest. Most people have their minds already made up on a subject they know nothing about.
-Prosecute those that break the current firearm laws to the fullest extent of the law. Both from the FFL holder and the buyer's standpoint. I could write a whole book on this one alone.

I'm sure there are others, but this is all I can think of right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom