Real reason Wal-Mart closed stores

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the Walmart in Norman and as I was walking through the parking lot to the front door, I noticed a guy walking between the parked cars looking around like he was trying to see if he was being watched. I went inside and stopped and watched him through the window. He was going car to car trying to open car doors. I contacted the greeter and asked him to call security. About fifteen minutes later this skinny kid who looked like he was about 18-19 and reminded me of the "Where's Waldo" character came up and asked what was going on.

The greeter and I pointed the guy out who was now with a female and both were trying car doors. He said that he would "keep an eye on them" and went into another room and never came out again. I asked if the police were going to be called and the greeter said that he doubted it. Not long after this, the male and female walked to the west end of the parking lot and got into a pick-up driven by another person and left.

RVCooper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep an eye out via the Web for police activity around town, and TPD make arrests at the Tulsa store everyday of the week.
Every day.The parking lot is a magnet for panhandling scumbags and there have been a few shootings there as well. All that before you even get in the store. Got an elderly friend that actually shops in that dump. I expressed my concern for his safety and he expressed his delight at how comfortable his .38 Rossi was to wear so I left him alone. I have a few friends on the TPD and I'd hate to see that crap-hole closed for good. They'd probably lay off 5 cops.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like you could hire enough loss prevention officers for a couple hundred K a year and not lose nearly that much overall and reduce crime while they are at it. I don't buy that excuse. It's not a sound business decision.

Woody

I've actually been in that store a few times, no way I'd let my wife go to that store alone and I sure wouldn't go unarmed.

It's an old store in a crappy neighborhood with 2 million a year in theft loss and very little they could do to stop it….I'd say it was a sound business decision.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone knows the store was closed to convert it to a processing and staging area for the FEMA camps especially since it is fairly close to the airport. Ok sarcasm off but I am surprised the store has been open as long as it has. Theft just increases when the loss prevention people are not allowed to actually stop a thief.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the 90s, when they could detain people, my friend worked loss prevention at Wal-Mart. One time a big guy tried to fight him and he choked him until the guy s#!% his pants. That type of thing is why they don't detain people anymore.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the 90s, when they could detain people, my friend worked loss prevention at Wal-Mart. One time a big guy tried to fight him and he choked him until the guy s#!% his pants. That type of thing is why they don't detain people anymore.
When I worked loss prevention for Venture back in the mid-80's we'd arrest as soon as they crossed the threshold of the front door. Never got my ass beat as some of the other store employees would jump right in to help. I think some of them took a little too much delight in it though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom