11:08 pm and some jackass is cracking off rounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worked with a guy once that was also very afraid of snakes, yet he moved out of the city to the country. One summer morning, some curious rat snake stuck saw an open back door and stuck his head in for a little look around. My coworker kicked the door closed, trapping six inches of snake in the closed door (not a terribly bad move). Then, he picked up a shotgun (a very bad move). Well, he shot the snake and killed it. He also killed the door, the threshold, the door trim, an electrical outlet and wiring and some floor tile. But, that snake died during the first of several 12-gauge blasts.
HAHA! Wish there was a video. It would have been epic. :D

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of that goes on around my area. Even myself. I often shoot at night with my pistol lights mainly. I will only do that on the weekend though. And rarely that late, I tend to start drinking when it starts to get dark.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And here I felt bad about the noise of the two .22 pistol shots I did a few months ago one pre-dawn morning, when a skunk got into my semi-rural backyard and sprayed a couple of my dogs...

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no issue with shooting, and I have shot at night a couple of times myself, it was the barrage of gunfire mixed with different guns, made it sound like a gunfight.

on the other side of me, there is a guy that has at least one full-auto, he likes to crack that off every once in a while, sounds like CNN outside. Oh, there went about $500 in 6 seconds!

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well golly dang! Shootin' 2 guns at night??? My imagination would surely invent a gunfight scenario as well! I'm glad so many fellow OSAers have 911 on speed dial!!!!!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worked with a guy once that was also very afraid of snakes, yet he moved out of the city to the country. One summer morning, some curious rat snake saw an open back door and stuck his head in for a little look around. My coworker kicked the door closed, trapping six inches of snake in the closed door (not a terribly bad move). Then, he picked up a shotgun (a very bad move). Well, he shot the snake and killed it. He also killed the door, the threshold, the door trim, an electrical outlet and wiring and some floor tile. But, that snake died during the first of several 12-gauge blasts.

Two policemen emptied pistols on a (probably rabid) skunk trapped in a residential garbage can enclosure. Killed the cans, the fence, most of a couple of fence posts, but the skunk was still going. The homeowner (who'd been standing by with a shotgun watching them) then leveled and fired, fairly obliterating the problem. The police threatened him with a fine for discharging a firearm in the city limits. as I remember it his response was something along the lines of "didn't want y'all tearing any more stuff up."

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two policemen emptied pistols on a (probably rabid) skunk trapped in a residential garbage can enclosure. Killed the cans, the fence, most of a couple of fence posts, but the skunk was still going. The homeowner (who'd been standing by with a shotgun watching them) then leveled and fired, fairly obliterating the problem. The police threatened him with a fine for discharging a firearm in the city limits. as I remember it his response was something along the lines of "didn't want y'all tearing any more stuff up."

Ha! The shotgun with bird shot was probably the safer choice around a residential area.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worked with a guy once that was also very afraid of snakes, yet he moved out of the city to the country. One summer morning, some curious rat snake saw an open back door and stuck his head in for a little look around. My coworker kicked the door closed, trapping six inches of snake in the closed door (not a terribly bad move). Then, he picked up a shotgun (a very bad move). Well, he shot the snake and killed it. He also killed the door, the threshold, the door trim, an electrical outlet and wiring and some floor tile. But, that snake died during the first of several 12-gauge blasts.

The only thing worse than finding a snake in the house is not finding it a minute later after you recover from the "Oh Crap" moment. Such an event can lead to dismantling of cabinetry, I'll just leave it at that. No gunnery involved, but the thought crossed my mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom