1911 for AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well this kinda blew my mind. I had an offer to trade my Rock River operator for a Custom Yost-Bonitz 80 Series Colt. For those who don't know Yost-Bonitz is now Heirloom Precision, they are the premier Gunsmiths today. If you sent your gun to them, it would be at the very least a 2yr wait and $3000. What really has me thinking I need my head checked is, I turned him down. I can't believe it is that crazy out there. BTW a custom by Yo-Bo is my favorite custom.:hithead::hithead::hithead:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 Yo-Bo's already. I gave one to our oldest Son last year for Christmas, I got the other to give to our youngest for when he turns 25. That will be in about 9 more years. I thought it would be neat for all 3 of us to have one, but then started thinking I would be 60 years old when I give the youngest his. I don't think I will be carrying a full size 1911 then, heck I don't that much now. I carry a 1955 LW Commander in a 38 Super. But I am still on the fence, I know it would be a great trade. Don't know why I'm not jumping all over it.......Hey Dennis, I told George I would help you guys next time you go sink some concrete. No way am I going to pass up a chance to tie some blocks to George's feet and see if he can swim.LOL

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have traded. Yost-Bonitz don't come along very often for sale. I think any oportunity to own one would be rare one. Heck trade him and then throw it on here for trade for something a little more high end in the ar area. Seems you get someone to trade trick rig for that piece of craftmanship.

Latest posts

Top Bottom