1911 questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptnhowdy138

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just recently picked up a used springfield 1911a1 and when i rack the slide to cycle ammo it seems like it jams up unless i pull it back and let it go also when i pull it back it will not eject unless i pull it back fast i am new to 1911's so i was wondering if this is normal or if there is a problem i used to have a glock and there was never an issue when i did it with the glock

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like nothing is wrong, it just needs slide velocity. Have you fired it?

Puctuation is your friend. :D

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
alright thanks guys so do 1911 parts interchange with one another like say i wanted to get a full length guide rod ?

Of all the things that 1911 needs, a FLGR is NOT one of them. IMHO I think a FLGR is needed only if running a comp on it.

The four basic things a COMBAT/CARRY .45 needs to make it more shooter friendly is...

1. Good set of sights.

2. Good elongated/speed trigger.

3. Beavertail grip safety

4. Commander style/slotted/skelotonized hammer.

Everything else is just cosmetic junk.

If it were mine, I would also install a flat MSH. Perhaps a decent thumb safety if the one on it currently was too skinny. But never an ambi...I hate ambis. :grumble:

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The velocity generated by the chemical explosion of the powder generates a lot more force than hand cycling. The gun is probably fine. Go fire it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom