1911 Springfield 45 cal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick McGhee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm looking at a nickel plated 1911 Springfield with Packmeyer grips. The pistol feels nice in my hand. The seller is wanting $550. There doesn't appear to be any wear and the bore looks good. Supposedly it's a weapon that was owned by a police chief and wasn't used a lot. What do you think.

I'm looking for a nice self protection piece that can hit hard. I like the looks of the metal guns. Not a real fan of the Glocks. If I don't get this one does somebody out there have something else that I might be interested in. I don't know alot about pistols. I had a S&W 629 and an Desert Eagle but I had to sell those in a pinch. I'm in the Tulsa area and plan on going to the gun show this week end.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't like the glocks, look at the XD or M&P 45s. I love the 1911 and have an old colt, but for capacity and reliability you might look at the two I mentioned since you don't like glock.

I carried a 1911 for a while, but it was just too big, heavy, and held few rounds taking the size and weight into consideration. The things I liked most about the 1911 was the caliber, thinness, and the "cocked and locked" ability.

Rick McGhee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I appreciate input. I think it was sold out from under me. If anybody out there has something that might work for me, in the Tulsa area, let me know.

I have to say that this is the most responsive site I've ever been on. I play a Gibson LP and have a Marshall Amp and are on their sites alot, but I've never had this kind of response to any of my posts in such a short period of time. I can't tell ya'll how much I appreciate it and how much it reinforces my perception as to the gun owners in our country. "God bless America".

Thanks!

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate 1911s as much as anyone, but for there is no arguing with what 90 years of engineering advancement and materials development gets you with a product like an XD or M&P.

I own both a 1911 and the M&P, and I would grab the M&P everytime when it counted.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I appreciate input. I think it was sold out from under me. If anybody out there has something that might work for me, in the Tulsa area, let me know.

I have to say that this is the most responsive site I've ever been on. I play a Gibson LP and have a Marshall Amp and are on their sites alot, but I've never had this kind of response to any of my posts in such a short period of time. I can't tell ya'll how much I appreciate it and how much it reinforces my perception as to the gun owners in our country. "God bless America".

Thanks!

It's because none of us have lives! :pms2:

Rick McGhee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I'll give them a look. I've not studied the different possibilites nor do I consider myself to be very knowledgeable on the subject. I just know that I like pistols and would like to get the best "bang" for my buck

Rick McGhee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Glock em down" Thanks for your input. We all have lives, it's just different than most of the stuff that we hear on network news. Quire frankly, I like ours better.

Rick

Latest posts

Top Bottom