19th Amendment: Bad idea?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking at some of the exit polling from yesterday. I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, but should we rethink the whole girlios get to vote thing?

Boomer7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally think that in order to vote one must pay taxes first. My reasoning behind this thought is as follows: Government only purpose is to spend taxpayer dollars on infrastructure, defense, etc and who better to dictate how those funds are distributed than those who put the funds there in the first place. On the flip side in order to hold true to our values we must allow all to vote as all men are created equal. Just my 2 cents.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally think that in order to vote one must pay taxes first. My reasoning behind this thought is as follows: Government only purpose is to spend taxpayer dollars on infrastructure, defense, etc and who better to dictate how those funds are distributed than those who put the funds there in the first place. On the flip side in order to hold true to our values we must allow all to vote as all men are created equal. Just my 2 cents.

Like a system parrallel to back in the day when you had to be a land owning white male?

Latest posts

Top Bottom