Anyone been to Europe lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenee

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go. I have been several times and I always stayed in aberdeen (work related). I have traveled to edinburough ( capital) from aberdeen by car. Now thats some fun roundabouts left side of road. Just go to see different country and the animals. Even there domesticated animals are different. Ugliest Cows on the planet but good eating. With your Brother where National Pastime is drinking, come on it doesnt get any better than this. Lifetime memories are made this way and you will never regret it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last time I went to Europe was I think 2002 and my wife and I throughly enjoyed the trip. We went to Czechoslovakia, Germany, Austria and stayed in zimmer frei for around $25 per night and what a spread for breakfast!
We went to Dachau an I really want to go to see the concentration camp in Poland -Auschwitz but will the years creeping up on me it will soon be too difficult to go.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Particularly Scotland. My brother has been twice in the last 5 years and is bugging me to go with him and see where 'our people' came from. Supposedly my ancestors came from there. He came back with some great pictures of castles, green hills, and peat fields. I really have no desire to go, I could be wrong but the whole castle, distillery, kilt thing sounds boring as hell. My idea of vacation is always sand, heat, and salt water. My wife and I just got back from Hawaii last month and had a blast. If I went to Scotland it would just be me and my brother. The wife said go...have fun. And thats not sarcasm, she really means 'go...have fun'. It just doesn't sound like the end all, be all trip. Maybe I'm just an uncultured swine..and that's fine.
If you really don't want to go, I'll volunteer to go in your place. I could always use another brother. 😆 😆

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always wondered if I could find any kinfolk. I know my ancestors came over in the 1700's. I have the same name as a famous Scottish king.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should go. Brothers aren’t around forever. And if you have never been to a part of the world chances are it will be like nothing you have ever seen.

The thing that always stuck me funny about Europe. Is an “old” building here is 100 years old. Maybe something from the 20’s and 30’s

You get into New England you might find something 200 years old.

Over there everything is 100 years old. You will come across stuff 500 years old or more still being utilized.

But if your not into that stuff it may not be for you.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions everyone. I guess I’m going to get my passport, I should have done that a long time ago. He’s planning a trip for next September. I’m probably going with.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Started going to Europe recently - Spain, Italy and coming up Portugal. Never been to Ireland. Keep in mind Barcelona and Valencia Spain are on the ocean with topless beaches....just saying!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend that is always in debt and has went all over the world.
I have no desire to leave the USA.
Wife mentioned wanting to go places a few times I told her go then take a friend if you want but I am not going.
I hope all you world travelers have fun though.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to Scotland! It is a trip you will not regert (sic)!

seriously, good people, greatest whiskey on earth, perry, cider, beer, barely edible food, what else do you need? Do not go to the best places, go to a local pub or eatery. Spend time with the people in the country. Do not be obnoxious. Be friendly, Scotts are very friendly, talkative folks!

I lived in Europe for a time. Go where GIs are not. We just got back from visiting family. Great time! Were not around big cities for the most part and had a generally wonderful time.

And in Scotland they will forgive your strange accent from Oklahoma!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom