Anyone been to Europe lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Iv been to Ireland, Germany, France, Poland and Austria.
It’s pretty, at the end of the day, there’s no place like home. I mean USA.
I backpacked most of the time meeting ppl staying with them doing some work for trade. Iv shared beds(not sex), cooked together, meeting families and sharing a drink or 2. Meaningful conversations, Making friends. Most are really curious ppl that love the US but do not understand our mindset being we take things for granted. I was always welcome wherever I went. I would say they are by far more friendly than Americans at least in my experience.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to Scotland! It is a trip you will not regert (sic)!

seriously, good people, greatest whiskey on earth, perry, cider, beer, barely edible food, what else do you need? Do not go to the best places, go to a local pub or eatery. Spend time with the people in the country. Do not be obnoxious. Be friendly, Scotts are very friendly, talkative folks!

I lived in Europe for a time. Go where GIs are not. We just got back from visiting family. Great time! Were not around big cities for the most part and had a generally wonderful time.

And in Scotland they will forgive your strange accent from Oklahoma!!!
I don't know if they still do it, but the BBC4 or something in Scotland would run the musical Oklahoma on a 24 hour loop during the Christmas season. It was really interesting how much the Scots apparently liked it. They'd sing lungs out to me when they found out where I was from.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only been out of the country twice (other than military duty), both times it was before you needed a passport to travel into Canada and Mexico. Those places...at least where I went were beautiful. Now that you need a passport to travel to those places I only vacationed in the US. I've been, mostly road trips to every state except Alaska, Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire. We went to Maui just a little over a month ago, before that place burned up. Maui was beautiful and depressing as hell. I've never seen such a homeless population, per capita I think it's the largest in the country, there are soo many homeless camps. People living on the beaches in tents, old cars, cardboard shacks. If you were going to be homeless that would be the place to do it.

A little off topic...Maui is over run with wild chickens, kinda cool, a little weird to be sitting at an outside cafe and have a chicken walking around at your feet.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only been out of the country twice (other than military duty), both times it was before you needed a passport to travel into Canada and Mexico. Those places...at least where I went were beautiful. Now that you need a passport to travel to those places I only vacationed in the US. I've been, mostly road trips to every state except Alaska, Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire. We went to Maui just a little over a month ago, before that place burned up. Maui was beautiful and depressing as hell. I've never seen such a homeless population, per capita I think it's the largest in the country, there are soo many homeless camps. People living on the beaches in tents, old cars, cardboard shacks. If you were going to be homeless that would be the place to do it.

A little off topic...Maui is over run with wild chickens, kinda cool, a little weird to be sitting at an outside cafe and have a chicken walking around at your feet.

If you haven’t been to Alaska you’re missing the most beautiful part of the United States.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven’t been to Alaska you’re missing the most beautiful part of the United States.
Alaska is our the list for next summer. We're going to cruise out of Seattle I think. Does Alaska have wild chickens?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1066.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1066.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom