2 Navy boat crews seized by Iran?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Per the Iranian videos, there was a fair amount of munitions on board. I'm just curious, how do two heavily armed USN Riverine boats get captured by IRGC modified fishing boats? Is there a limit to how big a boat we let them capture? Is there something in the rules of engagement that says you should surrender anything under a certain size? I'm not one itching for a fight, but this just seems a bit embarrassing...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Per the Iranian videos, there was a fair amount of munitions on board. I'm just curious, how do two heavily armed USN Riverine boats get captured by IRGC modified fishing boats? Is there a limit to how big a boat we let them capture? Is there something in the rules of engagement that says you should surrender anything under a certain size? I'm not one itching for a fight, but this just seems a bit embarrassing...

I was thinking the same. The answer lies with that dude that gave a big speech last night. He's tied their hands to the point that I'm actually surprised that they still have those mounted machine guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This incident wasn't something to get in a gunfight over...especially if they actually had drifted over the line. Kudos to them for keeping cool and keeping an eye on the bigger picture. Going hot would've made this a much bigger deal.

They were temporarily detained and released.

The only embarrassing thing is running out of gas/breaking down and drifting into unfriendly territory.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This incident wasn't something to get in a gunfight over...especially if they actually had drifted over the line. Kudos to them for keeping cool and keeping an eye on the bigger picture. Going hot would've made this a much bigger deal.

They were temporarily detained and released.

The only embarrassing thing is running out of gas/breaking down and drifting into unfriendly territory.

So back to my question- At what point do we say "no, you can't have my boat" ? We all know that Riverines don't make the cut.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So back to my question- At what point do we say "no, you can't have my boat" ? We all know that Riverines don't make the cut.

Well I imagine if a destroyer had gone adrift they might not let themselves get boarded...but if we aren't in the middle of open hostilities that's not even certain.

Emergency destruction of COMSEC ensues and hope the diplomats get your ass out of the sling...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we had 2 boats adrift? I call bull$hit. They are hogtied by their CIC. He says that gitmo is a recruiting tool? He's a freaking disgrace, this is a recruiting tool...

Navy.jpg

Edit: No wonder Obumbo didn't mention this last night. Could it possibly be ANY more embarrassing?

Last edited by a moderator:

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom