2018 Big 12 Championship

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picture this:

You're Ruffin McNeill.
You've been defensive coordinator for all of half-a-season.
You're squaring off for the conference championship.
There's a spot in the national championship playoffs at stake.
And you're playing your most hated rival in a rematch of the game that cost the last DC his job.

No pressure!

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not coaching, its recruiting that has caused the issue.
I agree with your statement. We have been recruiting a lot of 3 star athletes instead of 5 star athletes. Now I'm not saying all 5 star players live up to their hype but your chances are a heck of a lot better that they will instead of thinking a 3 star player is going to suddenly develop into a phenom because of coaching. Exceptions noted.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh. OU wins the Big XII again, and will go get owned in the playoffs. I'm a Big XII guy, but this year no one in the conference has a defense. Even lowly Army took the mighty Sooners to OT. The K.C. Chiefs' playbook of "just outscore them in a shootout" isn't a legitimate defensive strategy. OU is using the same philosophy, and will likely get hammered outside of the Big XII doing it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If Georgia beats Alabama next week, they'll be the number 4 spot for sure. If Georgia gets beat by Alabama next week, Ohio State gets the 4 spot because nobody will want to see a potential meeting between Alabama and Georgia again in the playoffs. The "playoff gods" don't like the Big XII so I don't see OU in the playoffs win or lose against Texas. Ohio St. will pummel Northwestern this weekend.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh. OU wins the Big XII again, and will go get owned in the playoffs. I'm a Big XII guy, but this year no one in the conference has a defense. Even lowly Army took the mighty Sooners to OT. The K.C. Chiefs' playbook of "just outscore them in a shootout" isn't a legitimate defensive strategy. OU is using the same philosophy, and will likely get hammered outside of the Big XII doing it.

Hmm
A&M/Lsu 74 -72
Alabama/Auburn 52 -21

When is the Sec going to learn to play some defense?

Latest posts

Top Bottom