30-30 rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you don't mind buying online...

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/30-30-winchester/Hornady-rifle-160grains?ikw=Leverevolution
1970 Marlin 336 .30-30 Centennial

Haven't shot the Hornady ammo, can't find any.
Did get some Leverevolution to load, but haven't shot any of it.
Have 110 gr V-Max and 130 gr Sierra HP and 140 gr Hornady Monoflex Tip to test.

With 110 gr powder coated bullets, group
1 1/2" @100 yards

Factory 150 gr and 170 gr ammo, the typical 3" - 4" groups.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Sorry, got sidetracked with a phone call and didn’t read the responses before I posted. My bad(slinking into the corner now)
There is a thread titled "I didn't read the thread but I want to reply anyway" on another forum I frequent. I have many times thought about starting a similar thread here. :D

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me either but it seems once you go to checkout on most of that stuff add $20 shipping. It’s not a caliber I need hundreds of rounds for so I just buy a box at a time, 1 shot 1 deer right :Heya:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Me either but it seems once you go to checkout on most of that stuff add $20 shipping. It’s not a caliber I need hundreds of rounds for so I just buy a box at a time, 1 shot 1 deer right :Heya:
If you're talking about the ammoseek.com link I posted, I noticed one place had free shipping over $49. A couple of boxes would cover that easily.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on what this stamp is and what you have heard? A 30-30 Henry is on my wish list but don't want a surprise.
Others have explained the JM stamp thing. But keep in mind that only applies to Marlins. There are no such issues with the Henrys .

The only thing to be aware of with Henry is that the older ones will only load from the tube. More recent manufactured Henry’s will have the sideloading gate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom