357 sig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmotulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
from the ballistics tests that i have seen it seems like this is an extremely powerful round (like it was intended to be) but it seems like there isnt very many people carrying it. ive been looking at a few different guns in this caliber but the fact that i can always find this ammo but no other caliber at wal-mart is kind of worrying me. what are your guys thoughts on this round?

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
good round, too expensive to practice with.
If you like to practice, see 40sw or 9mm
its out there, you just need to find it.

Mike

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW there's no need to be worried. When I carry a mid sized glock it's a 32. Great round. Keep your eyes open for deals on the internet and buy in bulk and you'll be fine. Georgia Arms is a great place for reloads.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's a great round, but expensive to shoot. I couldn't justify the cost associated with range time on it, so it went away in favor of my .40

tmotulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well when i started looking at guns i wanted to buy one of all the bigger calibers (ie 9mm and up) and see which one i liked the best. i started with a keltec p11 9mm hated the recoil on such a small gun sold it off for a ruger p345 .45acp. love that gun still have it for now.

then came the ruger gp100 357mag and thats when i found out about the 357sig cartridge.

IT SEEMS like its such a more powerful caliber than even a 45acp. and im sure that if faced with the situation and properly prepared for it a 45acp will do a good job of taking someone down.

BUT im the kind of person that doesnt want any question whether or not they are going down and not me.

SO if the 357sig is a more powerful caliber i don't care if a box of 50 is going to cost 4 more dollars because i will happily pay that to ensure that i will be prepared for a life threatening event.

tmotulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well i need to find the link again but it was a ballistics test between 9mm 357sig 40sw and 45acp. 357sig went furthest through the gelatin and had the most penetrating power. im sure some of it had to do with ammunition.

as far as ammunition goes for carrying concealed and when im working i carry extreme shock air freedom rounds. so combined with that ammunition im after "the one that will keep them down".

im not necessarily saying that i think the 357 is the best for what im looking for. im going by the ballistics test i saw.

id rather not start and end up in the middle of a caliber war.

id just like to hear the thoughts on whether everyone thinks about this caliber

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who cares what everyone else thinks of your chosen caliber? It has proven performance just like every service caliber out there. :D

If you are serious about carrying Extreme Shok ammo..... dump it and get a proven SD round like Gold Dots, Golden Sabre, Ranger, or HST.

Latest posts

Top Bottom