4x4 trails

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, cheap Mexican labor will get you a better “value” truck. Next the Chinese will be manufacturing the Ram.

And yes, the superduty’s price tag is stupid. Probably soon see a lot of discounts with the way oil prices are currently. Probably a good time to buy a used hd truck.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dodge doesn't make full size trucks any more. It's Ram.

OK. Open the door on a "Ram" truck and look for stickers indicating the manufacturer. I got the same argument from some RV'ers, but when they looked and saw "The Chrysler Group," they had to shut up. I also mentioned that if they had to go to a Chrysler/Dodge dealer to buy a new "Ram," it was a Dodge. Not likely that they can find a brand new "Ram" anywhere other than those dealers.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correctomundo. Rams are the same best value trucks they've always been. Good looking, powerful motors, big comfy interiors. Not sure if they still fall apart around year six or not, but definitely the best value in trucks.

Side story, I was walking the local Ford lot while working a few weeks ago. They had an F-350 crew cab dually with all sorts of options... King Ranch, 4x4, two tone paint, etc... Sticker price was $113,000. It was as shocking as the first time seeing a $65k sticker on the first redesigned Tundras a decade ago. I thought then, nobody is gonna pay $6/k for a pickup. If only I'd known that was going to become the median price one day.

Not sure about the "value" of the Dodge pickups. I know that they like to tout all those "attributes" that you noted, but from my experience, they still don't measure up. Oh, and Ford STILL has the biggest selling truck line, going back for decades each and every year.

I've had GM's, Dodge's and Fords in my life. I've had a LOT less trouble with my Fords as compared to the tax-stealers at GM and Chrysler/Dodge.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, this thread got off track. Sorry about that. Check out Camp Gruber just east of Muskogee. It’s a fun place to spend the day. They have picnic tables and charcoal grills as well.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure about the "value" of the Dodge pickups. I know that they like to tout all those "attributes" that you noted, but from my experience, they still don't measure up. Oh, and Ford STILL has the biggest selling truck line, going back for decades each and every year.

I've had GM's, Dodge's and Fords in my life. I've had a LOT less trouble with my Fords as compared to the tax-stealers at GM and Chrysler/Dodge.

It was my polite way of saying Rams are cheap. Glad you have luck with Ford, I was never so fortunate.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know it's still a dodge, I was just getting a little jab at my friend, Gunbuffer. Take it easy fellas.

For the record, the last 2 trucks I had were both F150's, and were the best trucks I ever had.
I didn't go with Ford this time around because I think they're being stupid with their engine options right now, and I wasn't happy with the power coming from their V8. I'm not about to get a full size with a V6 either. That's blasphemy.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't go with Ford this time around because I think they're being stupid with their engine options right now, and I wasn't happy with the power coming from their V8. I'm not about to get a full size with a V6 either. That's blasphemy.

I think it's crazy they replaced a solid 6.2L in the good looking raptor with the eco-boost V6. WTF are they thinking? People aren't clambering to go play in the dirt with a $60k truck, they want to look good and tow anything they hook onto... A V6? It's madness lol

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's crazy they replaced a solid 6.2L in the good looking raptor with the eco-boost V6. WTF are they thinking? People aren't clambering to go play in the dirt with a $60k truck, they want to look good and tow anything they hook onto... A V6? It's madness lol

Everyone i know that has/had a Raptor complained about fuel mileage but absolutely loved the truck. I don't think what's under the hood matters to most Raptor owners. I had a 6.2l in a f250, and I know they had a little less power in the SD than in the Raptor. Overall other than reliability I thought it sucked. Worst towing power I've ever owned. There's a ton of bronco guys know that tow their broncos on 16'-20' trailers and says it handles and tows great. Terrible mpg while towing, but pretty legit mpg when not towing. Curious to see if they slip the 7.3l gas in a Raptor before long.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Exactly. When I found out the Raptors were V6 now, I just scratched my head wondering WTF?

So I went with the poor mans Raptor. Never owned a dodge, so we'll see what happens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom