521 Miles in Four Days?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we assume that they actually started on October 13th, the news report I saw was on Saturday (October 20), and it's 521mi from the starting point to the Mexican border, that still equates to 74.4mi/day, that's still just over 3mph. According to this source, the CDC considers 3mph to be a "brisk walking pace."

There's a lot about this story that stinks.

It's probably the people. After a week of walking fast with no shower breaks, they must be pretty ripe...

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It took Patton 48 hours to move his Army 100 miles. He had trucks and tanks, men at the prime of their life, and no women nor children.

These people need to hop a train. I'm sure Soros would pick up the fare.

Woody

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It took Patton 48 hours to move his Army 100 miles. He had trucks and tanks, men at the prime of their life, and no women nor children.

These people need to hop a train. I'm sure Soros would pick up the fare.

Woody
Soros is paying every one of those people fifteen hundred dollars a day. "Hop a train?" Oh, Hell no! They're savin it up for Friday night!

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is extraordinarily difficult to travel those distances in a vehicle in those countries, I can tell you from experience.

That's a really interesting calculation - I wonder how these 5000 people are making that kind of time?

We certainly can't depend on the news media to get the real story on this or the money behind all of it, either.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
assuming the truth? that's one of the largest BS tales i've ever seen. a herd of peasants, with everything they own of value, their young children couldn't run that many miles in that time frame. a well fed, fit army, couldn't route step that distance in that time frame
It's presupposing the accuracy of the timeline; that's why I'm asking for documentation of the timeline. If the dates and locations are correct, then it's absolutely true, but I haven't seen verification of the underlying facts.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's presupposing the accuracy of the timeline; that's why I'm asking for documentation of the timeline. If the dates and locations are correct, then it's absolutely true, but I haven't seen verification of the underlying facts.
I don't see how you can get any verification; the numbers just don't add up.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did a 25 mile Hump when I was in the Marine Corps, I call BS.

My company commander when I was with 3/5 was a marathon runner, so our hikes were evenly divisible from 26.2 miles. Did a hike of that distance one time with 280 marines and corpsman, it took us just over 11 hours. Which means we averaged a little more than 2.3mph, each of us carrying a pack that weighed at least 2/3 of our own body weight. All males, and more than 95% of us were between the ages of 17-25. I call ********.

Latest posts

Top Bottom