57 Investigations of Guns Stolen From Vehicles in OKC So Far This Year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We should pressure businesses to allow honest law abiding citizens to carry guns into their business or boycott them. The libtards and plutards love cancel culture...why not give it to them. Also, Government offices should offer a place where a person could trade their firearm in exchange for a chit with a QR code or barcode. There should be no need to give your ID unless you want a redundancy for getting your firearm back. A phone number or email could be used instead and i think if someone can't keep the chit they probably would lose their gun and don't need one.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1676159715678.png

Come and steal it 'gang dude', I dare 'ya . . . I double dare 'ya!

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I'm here to point out the slippery slope of deciding what's best for others and their situation and the progression of these conversations. In the beginning of these conversations, it was don't keep your gun in plain sight. Ok, great. It's translated now to a lock box, or never keep your firearm in a vehicle for any reason. Soon, when people figure how all of these lock boxes are garbage and easy to defeat. What will be good enough?

^ You’re using a slippery slope argument to support illogical reasoning. By you’re attempting to predict the future, based upon past events, that the bar will only get higher and higher for storage. Until, it’s impossible to satisfactorily secure a gun inside a vehicle. I’m pretty sure we won’t have to roll around in armored vehicles if we plan on keeping a gun inside. Second, the belief that all lock boxes are garbage because professional lock pickers can defeat them, suggests that there is no point in using one which is another illogical form of reasoning known as black and white thinking. Not all car burglars are professional lock pickers with specialized tools; and even the cheapest box is a deterrent that increases the amount to time a burglar would need to spend to gaining access to the gun before leaving the scene. Sure if they steal the entire car they may eventually be able to get the gun, but most of these thefts are thefts of opportunity. It’s called car shopping (Oh look! This car is unlocked why don’t I rifle through it, or I see a valuable item that makes it worth breaking a window.) Also, theft isn’t only one reason to secure firearms and those garbage lock boxes can keep children from accessing the firearms. Children accessing firearms is a common occurrence with negative outcomes.

Seems you didn't understand the bigger picture of what I was relaying. Basically, it had nothing to do with being in H.S. Rather, a time period to which people openly stored firearms. Obviously that stopped. What happened to crime? That's not a trick question.
That’s patently false. People still leave guns out in the open inside their vehicles. Door pockets, center consoles and stuffed between the seat is hardly concealed. Companies market holsters that openly secure the gun inside the passenger compartment for easy access. Firearms stored openly aren’t the only reason for vehicles to be burglarized. Valuables items like cell phones, stereo equipment, sporting goods, etc are all targets for thieves. I’d rather not add guns to that list because after all, I go out armed because wait for it… criminals using guns might want to deprive me of life or property. Also, who suggested that crime would go down as a result of fewer guns left in cars? I’m just pro-not making it an easier for bad guns to arm themselves.

I leave my car locked, and cars are stolen ALL the time and used in crimes, and unfortunately some people die on occasion in some circumstances. What's your rules for that? Do you still apply some blame? When someone's house is broken into, are they responsible for the cascade of events that follow from the funds that come from the sale of their stolen goods? They are obviously contributing to someone's drug habit.
^ another slippery slope argument that attempts catastrophize and personalize a series of events that nobody can predict. I’m not responsible for what someone else does after they steal from me. I do feel a sense of responsibility to prevent things from being stolen from me.
His scenarios don't really apply to me either, as I don't carry a suppressed AR. And that storage locker is garbage. With all due respect to him, I'm pointing out the need to consider variables.

^ You are filter and only choosing to see the negatives as well as discounting the points in the video that don’t support your belief that you’re special and why safer storage doesn’t apply to your circumstances. He has a pistol vault inside his console. Regardless of your opinion that the storage locker is garbage, the storage device does reduce the potential of the firearms to be stolen from a smash and grab burglary. He mentions on several occasions that he removes his firearms from inside the vehicle overnight.

Bottom line. Most of us recognize there will be times that we have to store a gun inside of our vehicle. Some of us are of the mind that this should be done in a way that minimizes simple theft and only for the briefest of amounts of time, if possible.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the reason people stopped having gun racks in their trucks, because people started stealing the guns much more often. When I was growing up and a young man, you could leave your firearms in plain sight in a car and nobody would bother them. Back then you could also go to bed without locking your doors. Never needed a gun safe then either. All that has changed. To many crooks running free and not enough pushing up daises.

Leave your guns in your car if you want, but do not come whining if it gets stolen. You know there is a good chance it will be but you do it anyway. It is on you.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s patently false.
Nope, sorry, I have watched these conversations progress on OSA.

^ You’re using a slippery slope argument to support illogical reasoning. By you’re attempting to predict the future, based upon past events, that the bar will only get higher and higher for storage. Until, it’s impossible to satisfactorily secure a gun inside a vehicle.

I want you to understand something..... I'm not saying throw a gun in your front seat and go down the road... I'm saying it's none of your business what other people do with their property. Now if you feign "muh safety!!!" then yes, I will go down the slippery slope this is built upon. Why do I say all of this? Because these conversations lead to bullchit laws about gun storage. Don't think they exist? Educate yourself. Don't think it can happen? Well that's naive.

I’m pretty sure we won’t have to roll around in armored vehicles if we plan on keeping a gun inside. Second, the belief that all lock boxes are garbage because professional lock pickers can defeat them, suggests that there is no point in using one which is another illogical form of reasoning known as black and white thinking.

I showed a video where a lock typically found in a police cruiser was defeated with a magnet in seconds. Knowing that guns have been stolen out of police cruisers, even around here, does allow that most lock boxes are garbage. Doesn't mean I won't try to buy the best one I can, but if you go to academy and buy a $5 cable lock, you're not doing god's work in securing your firearm.

Not all car burglars are professional lock pickers with specialized tools; and even the cheapest box is a deterrent that increases the amount to time a burglar would need to spend to gaining access to the gun before leaving the scene.

True. Thanks to the internet all they need in a lot of cases is a screwdriver. Seems you need to watch that YouTube channel for some enlightening. I mean if they are readily carrying tools to take your cat, I don't figure having a screwdriver or simple tools handy is out of the question.

Also, theft isn’t only one reason to secure firearms and those garbage lock boxes can keep children from accessing the firearms. Children accessing firearms is a common occurrence with negative outcomes.

Now we have "It's for the children" which is the basis of many laws dictating firearm storage. Granted a lock box WILL keep a child out for the most part, I'll give you that. (Unless he does a search on YouTube). But now we are moving the goalposts to kids from unoccupied cars. See how fast the conversation moves? If y'all need a crusade concerning kids, then by the numbers, you should bark about locking up swimming pools.

^ You are filter and only choosing to see the negatives as well as discounting the points in the video that don’t support your belief that you’re special and why safer storage doesn’t apply to your circumstances. He has a pistol vault inside his console. Regardless of your opinion that the storage locker is garbage, the storage device does reduce the potential of the firearms to be stolen from a smash and grab burglary. He mentions on several occasions that he removes his firearms from inside the vehicle overnight.

Well, I'm not special, I just don't need a suppressed AR in my vehicle. It's absolutely fascinating that nobody here barks about that. That's a lot of gun on the streets. Again, add nauseam, police cruisers get broken into and their locks defeated.

Bottom line. Most of us recognize there will be times that we have to store a gun inside of our vehicle.

Excellent, then they should STFU about what others do with their property.

Some of us are of the mind that this should be done in a way that minimizes simple theft and only for the briefest of amounts of time, if possible.

I think most on OSA have no issue with whatever method they choose. I don't see issues of people begging for sympathy because they threw their gun on the dash and were the victim of a smash and grab. Seems most know what's best for themselves?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
One of the reason people stopped having gun racks in their trucks, because people started stealing the guns much more often. When I was growing up and a young man, you could leave your firearms in plain sight in a car and nobody would bother them. Back then you could also go to bed without locking your doors. Never needed a gun safe then either. All that has changed. To many crooks running free and not enough pushing up daises.

Leave your guns in your car if you want, but do not come whining if it gets stolen. You know there is a good chance it will be but you do it anyway. It is on you.
I wonder why there is more crime these days. Could it be criminals aren’t held accountable for their crimes? Could it be the moral decay of society? Must be the gun owners fault guns are stolen. The poor criminals just need their drugs and food to eat. If my gun is out of sight and the vehicle is locked I expect the police to apprehend the thief and the da to prosecute the person who stole it to the fullest extent of the law. I realize that won’t happen so I ask again, why is there more crime these days?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder why there is more crime these days. Could it be criminals aren’t held accountable for their crimes? Could it be the moral decay of society? Must be the gun owners fault guns are stolen. The poor criminals just need their drugs and food to eat. If my gun is out of sight and the vehicle is locked I expect the police to apprehend the thief and the da to prosecute the person who stole it to the fullest extent of the law. I realize that won’t happen so I ask again, why is there more crime these days?
Quite a number of reasons, obviously the lack of punishment is a huge component.

The real question is, do we just try to ignore it isn't there, and expect that the government to change it, or do we do our best to protect ourselves from it. The irony here is we all believe we have to protect ourselves and do so by arming ourselves but then argue that we shouldn't have to secure the same firearm when it isn't on our person. Change it from a gun to an item of value, it's the same issue, folks leave items of value in their vehicles over night, and they get stolen. Seems like common sense would say, don't leave items of value in your vehicle overnight if you don't want to lose them. Sad, but the way it is these days with rampant crime.

This argument goes the same way every time it is brought up, regardless there are still firearms being stolen from vehicles and press surrounding it happening. If we don't want the government to introduce regulations then we might want to do our part to keep it from happening. Unfortunately the government isn't able to distinguish and adequately address the real problem, so they legislate what gets the attention.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t leave firearms in my vehicle unless it’s just to walk into a government building. I don’t spend money at anti second amendment places.

Latest posts

Top Bottom