57 Investigations of Guns Stolen From Vehicles in OKC So Far This Year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would bet 100% of those commenting has seen that woman in the micro mini skirt and crop top. Yet, 98+% have not raped her.

It is 100% the criminal.

IF, the 82% of vehicles were unlocked, is TRUTH. Those people were IDIOTS.
You think 2% of the people commenting in this thread have raped a woman?

Bob White

Marksman
Reaction score
I believe that your average thief is also somewhat lazy and will not expend a great deal of effort except when they know the payoff to their labors is going to be worth the effort. I would bet that most guns stolen out of vehicles occur because (1 the vehicle was easy to get into (unlocked) and (2 the gun or accessories was/were in sight, or there was enough possible incentive indicating that a gun may be present (firearm related decals).
You’re giving auto burglars way too much credit. They go through neighborhoods at 3am pulling on door handles until they find an unsecured car. They then take what they want and move on. If they’re really lucky they find your garage door opener and then take more.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It would be easier to get into most of your houses than your cars. If I lock my property up and don’t leave it in plain sight it’s the thief who is responsible. When thieves are punished to the maximum extent of the law thefts will decrease. When the weak criminal justice system doesn’t punish them thefts will increase. But hey, let’s blame the gun owner for “letting” their gun be stolen.

Bob White

Marksman
Reaction score
We’ve blamed the criminal (rightfully so) and blamed the gun owner. I think the voters of Oklahoma should share some blame. Just a few years ago nearly 70% of Oklahoma voters approved SQ 780 which changed the stolen property value from $500 to $1000 to be a felony. It also made simple possession of cocaine, meth, heroin, pcp, etc. a misdemeanor when it was previously a felony. With this “soft on crime” attitude, we shouldn’t be surprised by an increase in thefts.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No you're not. Maybe for the sake of this conversation to save face, but history on OSA doesn't allow to beat people over the head with their philosophy concerning securing their firearms at home.

Sure we do, you boys are offering a 5th rule to follow, but no guidelines. Do I need to worry about my dogs?
I don't know, do you abuse your dogs by leaving them locked in your car?

Seriously every new gun owner I talk to, I tell to get a safe. It is one of the smartest investments especially if they have kids. Also helps with some insurance I believe. Even a cheapy safe like mine is better than nothing.

And funny I do not remember talking about a 5th rule. I do like the idea but some people do not like personal responsibility.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’ve blamed the criminal (rightfully so) and blamed the gun owner. I think the voters of Oklahoma should share some blame. Just a few years ago nearly 70% of Oklahoma voters approved SQ 780 which changed the stolen property value from $500 to $1000 to be a felony. It also made simple possession of cocaine, meth, heroin, pcp, etc. a misdemeanor when it was previously a felony. With this “soft on crime” attitude, we shouldn’t be surprised by an increase in thefts.
That too.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, do you abuse your dogs by leaving them locked in your car?

Seriously every new gun owner I talk to, I tell to get a safe. It is one of the smartest investments especially if they have kids. Also helps with some insurance I believe. Even a cheapy safe like mine is better than nothing.

And funny I do not remember talking about a 5th rule. I do like the idea but some people do not like personal responsibility.
I only leave my dogs and children locked in the car if I’m not going to be gone long. And never when it’s above 98 degrees outside. (98.6 is the body’s normal temp, so it’s ok up to that. Any higher and they will get uncomfortable)

Latest posts

Top Bottom