57 Investigations of Guns Stolen From Vehicles in OKC So Far This Year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You think 2% of the people commenting in this thread have raped a woman?
Raped? When I was married that mini-skirted/crop topped woman would have been a lot safer than me, if I so much as even looked at her beyond a casual glance 🤣🤣

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, do you abuse your dogs by leaving them locked in your car?

Well that one went over your head....lol.

Seriously every new gun owner I talk to, I tell to get a safe. It is one of the smartest investments especially if they have kids. Also helps with some insurance I believe. Even a cheapy safe like mine is better than nothing.

That's awesome and good for you. Doesn't have anything to do with the discussion. Unless you want to provide previous proof of y'all saying people that are burglarized/home invasions had it coming.

And funny I do not remember talking about a 5th rule.

Someone else did.

I do like the idea but some people do not like personal responsibility.

You should employ your rules as you see fit. It's pretty easy for those that are less active to judge how others may or may not go about their life and the logistics that will entail.

Question to all the 5th rule crusaders...... what did you say when we were growing up? I remember all throughout HS there were still gun racks in trucks. I mean obviously when they stopped keeping guns in their trucks, crime completely stopped. It never would've increased throughout the years. How was your conviction back then?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a little off topic, but I read a story yesterday on a TX bowhunting message board about a fishing and hunting guide in Houston that got his truck stolen with his duck dog inside on the way to wherever he was hunting. He posted it on social media and had someone respond that they had seen a black Lab running around an apartment complex, and when he and a buddy got there, it was sure enough his dog. They got lost getting out of the complex and ended up at a dead end on the back of the place and saw his truck. They called the cops and waited 2 hours for no one to show up, so they took matters into their own hands and ”stole” the truck back. They finally found a cop somewhere and reported what happened and what they did. He ended up getting everything back but his guns.
As many of you know I travel with two Boykin Spaniels and a geriatric black Lab, and I have had thoughts about my truck getting stolen at the convenience store on the Indian Nation turnpike. Obviously, I’d hate to lose the truck and my belongings, but I would hurt someone for messing with my dogs. For the record, I never get out without locking the doors, and in the summer when it’s hot, I carry my extra clicker, so I can lock it and leave it running with the AC on.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well that one went over your head....lol.

That's awesome and good for you. Doesn't have anything to do with the discussion. Unless you want to provide previous proof of y'all saying people that are burglarized/home invasions had it coming.

Someone else did.

You should employ your rules as you see fit. It's pretty easy for those that are less active to judge how others may or may not go about their life and the logistics that will entail.

Question to all the 5th rule crusaders...... what did you say when we were growing up? I remember all throughout HS there were still gun racks in trucks. I mean obviously when they stopped keeping guns in their trucks, crime completely stopped. It never would've increased throughout the years. How was your conviction back then?

I’m here to tell you that I feel no sense of judgement towards you. I simply believe that the practice of leaving firearms inside vehicles is something that people should avoid. You asked for guidelines and I shared them.

I left HS a long time ago and grew into an adult, not sure why anyone’s feelings and attitudes as a child is applicable to this conversation.

Since, you called out Rick for being less active. Here’s a pretty squared away dude taking about storing firearms inside vehicles.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I simply believe that the practice of leaving firearms inside vehicles is something that people should avoid. You asked for guidelines and I shared them.

And I'm here to point out the slippery slope of deciding what's best for others and their situation and the progression of these conversations. In the beginning of these conversations, it was don't keep your gun in plain sight. Ok, great. It's translated now to a lock box, or never keep your firearm in a vehicle for any reason. Soon, when people figure how all of these lock boxes are garbage and easy to defeat. What will be good enough?

I left HS a long time ago and grew into an adult, not sure why anyone’s feelings and attitudes as a child is applicable to this conversation.

Seems you didn't understand the bigger picture of what I was relaying. Basically, it had nothing to do with being in H.S. Rather, a time period to which people openly stored firearms. Obviously that stopped. What happened to crime? That's not a trick question.

I leave my car locked, and cars are stolen ALL the time and used in crimes, and unfortunately some people die on occasion in some circumstances. What's your rules for that? Do you still apply some blame? When someone's house is broken into, are they responsible for the cascade of events that follow from the funds that come from the sale of their stolen goods? They are obviously contributing to someone's drug habit.

Since, you called out Rick for being less active. Here’s a pretty squared away dude taking about storing firearms inside vehicles.

His scenarios don't really apply to me either, as I don't carry a suppressed AR. And that storage locker is garbage. With all due respect to him, I'm pointing out the need to consider variables.

bigb159

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
WHERE were these vehicles broken into?
Post Office?
School?
Bank?
Hospital?
Office building?
Job?
Fed building?

Other Gun Free Zone?

Thieves KNOW good chance of finding a gun inside. The idiot politicians CREATED the problem. Not the gun owner.

Do you CC in a forbidden location or lock it in your vehicle?
This is the right data to look for.1. Lock your cars - I don't understand why this isn't second nature for people. Aside from that, gun-free zones make free gun zones - I understand how keeping guns out of schools is a first line of defense, but if you're going to post a gun-free zone, you should be 100% liable for the security of your parking lot.

Last edited:

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Interesting point about being “active”… Not necessarily in the “I work out/I’m in shape” version of active, but more so the lifestyle type.

For example: a guy who’s daily routine only involves a short drive to a job where he is allowed to carry, maybe a stop at a restaurant, then a short drive back home, etc… That guy is likely to be all “I never leave a gun in my car I’m responsible blah blah”

On the other hand a person who travels all over the state for work, who is in and out of different situations constantly, etc.. is much more likely to occasionally leave a gun in the vehicle

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. 1995, we lived south of Houston. Wif was a sales rep, HAD to go to Dallas for a week, working the showroom at Market Center. She drove her Anaheim conversion Suburban and she had her S&W M-60. The Suburban had NO BUMPER or WINDOW STICKERS. The console locked and contained a metal lock box.

3rd day of the market, her Suburban was stolen from Market Center parking.
She was at fault? NO WAY IN H377.
Police found the shell, stripped completely, 4 days later.

6 months later, hood rat robbing 7-11, with my M-60, was caught?
Her fault? NO WAY IN H377!!!!!!

THIS is the M-60, some asshat Dallas Cop still has.

2. We were headed home from a goose hunt, stopped at a convenience store for some sustenance. Shotguns in floorboard and 98# Labrador in backseat.

I am at the door inside store, waiting on son. A car pulls in beside my truck, 5 hood rats. The back passenger side door and a HUGE (6' 5" 300+#) KID crawls out. He turns to look in my truck and sees my Lab, nose to nose, bared teeth and a LOUD, VICIOUS BARK. Kid dives back into car and shoves the other 2 back seat passengers out the opposite door, into the parking lot.
The shotgun rider was just crawling out, he is laughing at the scene in the backseat, turns around to face full of dog and screams like a 4yo girl.

I come out and get in truck. They are all in their car, doors locked.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting point about being “active”… Not necessarily in the “I work out/I’m in shape” version of active, but more so the lifestyle type.

For example: a guy who’s daily routine only involves a short drive to a job where he is allowed to carry, maybe a stop at a restaurant, then a short drive back home, etc… That guy is likely to be all “I never leave a gun in my car I’m responsible blah blah”

On the other hand a person who travels all over the state for work, who is in and out of different situations constantly, etc.. is much more likely to occasionally leave a gun in the vehicle

You're relaying the variables of being active I'm speaking of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom