A question for Military

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GForce89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my good friends in the military was up here a couple months ago on leave and we went shooting. He was telling me that him and the rest of the MP's hate using the M9's but wouldn't really go into details. So I want to know why is there all the hate from the military guys for the M9?

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were and are junk none adjustable sites super sharp slide that will cut you and 9mm ball ammo does suck also they would give us ammo that the bullet had come up seated because of so much handling.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my good friends in the military was up here a couple months ago on leave and we went shooting. He was telling me that him and the rest of the MP's hate using the M9's but wouldn't really go into details. So I want to know why is there all the hate from the military guys for the M9?

He most likely hates it because everyone told him too. One of the more common reasons people hate the M9 is the pistol grip is rather large. The M9 is a fine pistol. It is quite durable. Most soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines beat up all the equipment they are given. Also in order to get a government contract the M9 had to go through more tests than most pistols on the market today.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carried an M9 in Iraq and I own one now. I have one 9mm and 3 1911/45s. If you go around and tell young people enough times that the M9 sucks and the 1911 was better, they will agree with you. The they will go around and tell other people the same thing, even if they have never shot a 1911.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't hate it, just didn't like it. It was never about 1911 vs. M9 for me, or most others. The 1911 has been out of regular service since before nearly everyone currently on active duty today (When I first joined, we were issued .38 revolvers).

The M9 is clunky, has a long first round DA trigger pull, inconsistent trigger pull between first and subsequent rounds, the ergonomics don't match commonly accepted/practiced methods of slide manipulation under stress etc...

But like loudshirt said, it is durable and suitable for mass issue to grunts who are pretty good at breaking stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom