A Warning from Warren Metcalf. to SuperDaves Is Badshot next on Metcalfs list?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
for those of you that might think chikasha might be to far to travel, even from north edmond it can be done in 45-50 min. i plan on making it. lets support the people that are trying to bring "real gun shows" back to oklahoma. if i'm not out of town for some reason, i'd be up for carpooling down to save some costs.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah Chief, send them a letter saying " Due to your business ethics or lack of, I am banning myself from all your gunshows and any attempt to try to get me to come or set up at a Met-Calf event will be met with swift and legal action. Good Luck in your business adventure."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I've seen all of the big talk. How do you walk?
In this whole thread, I've not seen one person say they will use the contact information for the Metcalf shows that you percieve to be a rip-off, to inform them that you will not attend their shows because of what-ever reason. I don't care if it for beenie baby's, price to enter or whatever.
Internet talk and actually doing it are two different things. I'm betting the anti-gun shows, high price big mouths will be there at the next one that metcalf puts on. Your anonimity with a screen name can make you a bada$$ in your posts, but you won't back it up. As a side note, like I do, use your real name and take accountability for your posts.
metcalfgunshows.com is the website, and has contact info. If you really have a problem with his shows, prove it.

These threads about how I'll punish him by not showing up disgust me. He won't miss the 50 or so.

BTW SD,and NC, thanks for getting into the market and making a difference.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dear Mr. Metcalf,

I am sorry to hear about the antagonistic approach you have taken towards your fellow promoters. While I do not agree with the business model you have employed in allowing so many non-firearm/sporting vendors into your events, I do recognize that they are your events and you can run them however you please. As this is a large, and rapidly growing industry, I would have thought a little more tact and mannerly conduct would be a better manner in dealing with friendly competition.

This is to serve you with official notice that neither I nor any of my immediate family members will henceforth be attending any Metcalf-promoted events. While you may say to yourself, "Who cares? Another nobody with no money," I would beg to differ. I recently attended the Wanenmacher's show in Tulsa with several thousand dollars in cash in my pocket to spend. I did spend a small amount of that, mostly on AR parts, but ended up not purchasing a firearm. Lately, I have averaged 1-2 firearm purchases per month for my private collection, not for resale. I do not sell my guns. I do not say any of these things to brag or try to impress anyone, I am just letting you know that I am a customer with the means to spend money, and do so on a regular basis. Unfortunately, you and the vendors at your shows have now lost the potential for any business from me, due in part to your business model, as described above, and the rest due to your own mouth. I will, however, be attending SuperDave's Gun Show at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds in Norman on May 12th and 13th, and I will be taking a large amount of money with me to spend. I will also do the same at the SuperDave's Gun Show in Claremore in June.

Good day, and good luck promoting your Beanie Baby, Scentsy and beef jerky vendors.

Sincerely,
*************, M.D.

Good enough for you, Dennis?

<edit> I doubt I'll get any kind of a response from him, but if I do, I am sure it will be snarky. I'll be sure to post it here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom