A Warning from Warren Metcalf. to SuperDaves Is Badshot next on Metcalfs list?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I've seen all of the big talk. How do you walk?
In this whole thread, I've not seen one person say they will use the contact information for the Metcalf shows that you percieve to be a rip-off, to inform them that you will not attend their shows because of what-ever reason. I don't care if it for beenie baby's, price to enter or whatever.
Internet talk and actually doing it are two different things. I'm betting the anti-gun shows, high price big mouths will be there at the next one that metcalf puts on. Your anonimity with a screen name can make you a bada$$ in your posts, but you won't back it up. As a side note, like I do, use your real name and take accountability for your posts.
metcalfgunshows.com is the website, and has contact info. If you really have a problem with his shows, prove it.

These threads about how I'll punish him by not showing up disgust me. He won't miss the 50 or so.

BTW SD,and NC, thanks for getting into the market and making a difference.

Chill - we're on the same side...

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the 50, or so, on here don't go, that's around $600. That'll make a little difference. I'm not sure what the point of sending him a letter or e-mail would be. He's well aware of how we feel. I've already given him way too much of my time (and money).

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis, you seem particularly angry the last couple of days. What gives?

Needs more fiber in his diet? I get his point though, there is a lot of big talk about people boycotting events/stores and then a lot of those same people post about how bad that same store or the next event was in a post later.

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah Chief, send them a letter saying " Due to your business ethics or lack of, I am banning myself from all your gunshows and any attempt to try to get me to come or set up at a Met-Calf event will be met with swift and legal action. Good Luck in your business adventure."

Thanks for the encouragement.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
OK, I've seen all of the big talk. How do you walk?
In this whole thread, I've not seen one person say they will use the contact information for the Metcalf shows that you percieve to be a rip-off, to inform them that you will not attend their shows because of what-ever reason. I don't care if it for beenie baby's, price to enter or whatever.
Internet talk and actually doing it are two different things. I'm betting the anti-gun shows, high price big mouths will be there at the next one that metcalf puts on. Your anonimity with a screen name can make you a bada$$ in your posts, but you won't back it up. As a side note, like I do, use your real name and take accountability for your posts.
metcalfgunshows.com is the website, and has contact info. If you really have a problem with his shows, prove it.

These threads about how I'll punish him by not showing up disgust me. He won't miss the 50 or so.

BTW SD,and NC, thanks for getting into the market and making a difference.

Dennis,

I sent metcalf an e-mail last year, long before I was a member here.

I told them I wouldn't be attending their shows because of the high price of admission, and the poor quality.

The response from Metcalf was..."Ok,We will see you at the next one."

I don't know why you think you are superior to everyone because you use your REAL name, but it doesn't mean that ALL the rest of us are hiding.

Have a nice day!
Don

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sent my letter. Even used my real name too.:contract:

Mr. Metcalf,

I have recently been made aware of your interactions with people who are new to the gun show industry and I must say that I am quite surprised with your reactions. For the last several years I have attended many shows organized by many different promoters and have seen the quality of these shows quickly decline and become more of an overpriced flea market type event that ignores the input of the consumer. One would think that with the current political atmosphere, that organizers like yourself would welcome and even embrace new promoters to the industry as a sign of solidarity against those who are anti-second amendment. Not try to intimidate and threaten them. This is exactly the type of behavior that they want and even use to further damage the image of law abiding citizens who are pro second amendment. Seeing that you happen to be the only promoter that has taken such action makes me wonder about your ethical standards, as such, my family, and I will no longer be attending any of your events in the near future.

Respectfully

D. R. Hudson

Latest posts

Top Bottom