Ac help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had mine go out last week. Mine was the fan motor on the outside unit, ended up picking up a motor and capacitor from Palmers. The motor had a shaft that was way too long so I had to cut it off shorter so it wouldn't hit my compressor, kept the old capacitor hooked up with only the two wires then hooked up the new capcitor to run only the fan motor.
The new motor had more wires than the original but a quick phone call to my son-in-law and it was up cooling better than ever.

L

LenBob

Great info guys. I had a cap replaced and a coolant charge; $274.00. Unit died again the very next day... I'll not be callin that company back! Went and bought a window unit to get by, and I'm gettin along fine. Might give one of you guys a PM when I decide to replace the unit. Thanks.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hold on a minute, if they fixed it and it went out again then call them back and let them know, otherwise how are they suposed to know that they screwed you over.

IF they overcharged the unit it will go out so that may have happened.

L

LenBob

I know you have good intentions Honeybee, but I find it unlikely that they would admit to making a mistake. I also find it unlikely that I could prove they made a mistake. I like to choose my battles wisely and I just don't think this should be one of them. I'll get along; thanks for your concern, LenBob.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i keep 2 window units in storage just for this reason it never fails if my central unit goes out it is on a weekend when u cant get anyone so i have a backup so i can atleast keep part of the house cool. the best time to buy is after the summer is over and everyone puts them on clearance to get them out of the way.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to Eaglerjs, the problem is now solved and my AC works once again. He gave me permission to give his number out, 918-850-2665 to anybody that's ever in my position that I was in today. The capacitor was fine, the whole problem was due to a breaker tripping. I swore I flipped it earlier several times but had him on the phone and when I flipped it the unit came right on.

Yep.... Joe is definitely "one of a kind" in the HVAC business. I have used him for years and recommend him to everyone I talk to. He is in this business because I think he genuinely likes helping people when they need help.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hold on a minute, if they fixed it and it went out again then call them back and let them know, otherwise how are they suposed to know that they screwed you over.

This...and a simple look at the pressures on the guages would confirm if they did over charge it...
Just for info out there....seldom ..are units ..low on refrigent...unless you have a leak ,then the tech should inform you of that.
Another tidbit is that its a $60k fine and possible inprisonment for knowinglly discharging refrigerant into the atmosphere,,,,,
Cheeze people ....this is whats causing the global warming pandemic.... ;)

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you have good intentions Honeybee, but I find it unlikely that they would admit to making a mistake. I also find it unlikely that I could prove they made a mistake. I like to choose my battles wisely and I just don't think this should be one of them. I'll get along; thanks for your concern, LenBob.
This my new Friend is one you should pick...are they licensed in the state?
Its not that hard to prove ,inside the side plate is a table that tells you what your head presures should be.
Sounds like a typical overcharge.....What if theyre doing this to many other peoples ...elderly, disabled ...the unknowing?
Opinion...I know ,stinky......call and make them explain how/why it was low on ref...then prove it.
Because if it has a leak ..it NEEDS to be fixed....
. on a side note ...always listen to HB

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

This is how I met Joe (Eaglerjs), I had the AC tech my management company servicing my rental unit had on their staff. He came out and said my unit was low on freon and charged the unit. The next day it was making a loud noise so the guy came back out and said my compressor was starting to fail and I needed to replace the unit and that he could do it for a couple thousand dollars. I called a friend of mine who suggested I contact a friend of his, turned out to be Joe. He came out and hooked the gauges up to my unit and told me it was severely overcharged and a few more days of running would burn the compressor out. He evacuated the system and started over. That was back in 2006 and the unit has ran great since then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom