Academy new rules on Gun n Ammo purchases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegadethreads

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think 41st is just putting out one caliber per day. Yesterday was 308 & they weren't supposed to get anymore stock until Monday or Tuesday. 81st had a variety yesterday and today. Only 4 ARs today and only 1 SW & 1 Bushmaster

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Way to go Academy, I reload all of mine except for shotgun, but I think it's great to give everyone a chance to shoot their guns that don't reload. Now, if others will start this policy for those stores who do sell reloading components. :)

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think 41st is just putting out one caliber per day. Yesterday was 308 & they weren't supposed to get anymore stock until Monday or Tuesday. 81st had a variety yesterday and today. Only 4 ARs today and only 1 SW & 1 Bushmaster

Which location has the ARs? I don't want one - I'm just surprised that they're there, without a gaggle of numbnuts trampling each other trying to get to them.

Swapwap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1 year from now there are gonna be some good prices on some used guns....ammo should fall by then to. Dump your gold and silver and invest in lead and brass.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back from the 41st St. store; "one box limit" signs all over the place. I went to pick up some 12 guage shells. Got some cheap bird shot for some low-cost blasting, but if you want slugs or buckshot, forget about it. Maybe they'll restock with a truck tomorrow, but as of now, nearly all of the shelves are as barren as the surface of the moon. Almost no handgun ammo, only a few rifle calibers, and even shotgun shells are looking pretty thin.

Renegadethreads

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which location has the ARs? I don't want one - I'm just surprised that they're there, without a gaggle of numbnuts trampling each other trying to get to them.

They weren't there long. Lasted about 2 minutes after the store opened. There were 8 people in line for them at 81st. What I find interesting is that its supposed to be a secret when trucks are coming and what is on them, but Saturday morning no one was waiting at 81st when the store opened, but there 8 there Sunday morning when they had a new shipment. 41st is managed much better even if they are slow releasing ammo one caliber at a time.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They weren't there long. Lasted about 2 minutes after the store opened. There were 8 people in line for them at 81st. What I find interesting is that its supposed to be a secret when trucks are coming and what is on them, but Saturday morning no one was waiting at 81st when the store opened, but there 8 there Sunday morning when they had a new shipment. 41st is managed much better even if they are slow releasing ammo one caliber at a time.

Why is it supposed to be a secret?

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to see if there's a truck at Norman while driving by on I-35. Or do guns/ammo come in on special super secret trucks. Since employees are buying some of the AR's im sure it's not that big of a secret.

Latest posts

Top Bottom