Academy new rules on Gun n Ammo purchases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at Bullseye shooting range in Wichita about 2 weeks ago, they actually had some 300 AAC Blackout on the shelf, I counted 10 boxes. I asked for 3 boxes, and they guy helping me said "How about 2, we have a 2 box limit on walk-in purchase customers." So, I took the 2 boxes. Should have sent my dad back into the store after I left to buy another box, but hey, I was happy just to get those 2 boxes.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, 81st Academy has the limit sign up. People need to stop sucking up all the 00 buck and slugs. I like shooting those to cause mayhem at the range and it's hard to do that when they're all being bought up. Target loads are not nearly as fun =(

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, 81st Academy has the limit sign up. People need to stop sucking up all the 00 buck and slugs. I like shooting those to cause mayhem at the range and it's hard to do that when they're all being bought up. Target loads are not nearly as fun =(

Do they still have 22 in stock?

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not worth the drive for 2 boxes. It wasn't worth the drive to look at empty shelves either.

I guess my point is I'll stick to online shopping. I haven't had trouble finding anything I've wanted so far :)

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1 box is strict, but its WAY better than nothing. I've got 2 months worth of ammo, tops. So if I pick up my limit every once and a while I could stretch my stock out a bit longer till stuff settles down. I haven't shot any matches lately cause I didn't know if I'd be able to restock any time soon. Academy may have just allowed me to continue to enjoy my favorite sport for the time being.

Latest posts

Top Bottom