Accidental breaking and entering and manslaughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now we have no clue how the apartment complex is laid out, no clue what this officer went through on her shift, no clue as to her mental and physical state. So to completely dismiss a very plausible explanation is the true BS. Does it excuse her? No. But so far this thread has already delved into the "She must have been drunk or high" arena. There were a few probes into was this racially motivated. I chose a path that is plausible and could explain how this happened without painting the officer as a drunk or racist. How often do you look at your door when you walk to it? What if her apartment was in the same place just one hallway down? If she was tired its very easy to see her go down the wrong hallway, grab the door and feel it turn, go inside and see a person in the apartment and jump to the conclusion that her apartment was being burglarized.

Truth is none of us know what led to this except for the cop mistook this guy's apartment for hers and shot him.
:preocc:

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some more reading on this subject and a neighbor that heard conversations.
some video. And officer did not even live on that floor!
https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/botham-jean-shooting-video-dallas-instagram/
Wrong floor and she was attempting to break in

"Dallas Police told Fox 4 News’ Steve Eagar that the officer was on the wrong floor of the apartment building, the South Side Flats, when the shooting occurred. Her apartment was on another floor, Eagar reports. “Her key didn’t work in the door. Shooting happened shortly after resident opened his own door,” he wrote on Twitter. He said she was continuing to try to open the door with her key when the door was opened."

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly what I read yesterday. Argument overheard by neighbors before shooting. More will shake out on this. I believe ZERO to do with her being Po Po or wrong door. Just another crazy...person

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly what I read yesterday. Argument overheard by neighbors before shooting. More will shake out on this. I believe ZERO to do with her being Po Po or wrong door. Just another crazy...person
Sure, an ordinary citizen would have not been immediately arrested either. You or I would have been allowed to pace the hall talking on our phones laughing and farting like happy people when the weather is fine.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I believe it’s the opposite, according to the article, I would assume she claims she’s sober. I was just going off of daves’s “could have been drunk,” statement.
It’s completely possible she was stone sober when she entered the wrong apartment and killed that unsuspecting man in his own home.

This. From what little I've heard and read it is completely reasonable to believe she was sober. Drinking in uniform carries a stiffer penalty than shooting someone in uniform ... usually ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom