Active Military officers here? I could use your help/assistance/advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problem! That forum has a lot of great information that will help her navigate the path to med school as well. I read the subforum for my specialty daily there.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, if she already has a full ride to LSU, obviously she is a strong student. She needs to look into BS/MD programs. Some are as simple as get accepted, complete 2-3 years of undergrad curriculum with a 3.25 GPA or higher, advance directly to medical school. I know University of Missouri Kansas City had this program as do several others. It cuts off s year, and eliminates a lot of stress about whether or not you will get into medical school.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
update for all of you interested..

After my daughter reading the thread here, and perusing a forum link that BobBarker posted (thanks bob, again, that forum has a wealth of information for her), and after further discussion with me and my dad, we have come to the conclusion that her best course of action will be to focus on her bachelors and get the grades.. Military service will come AFTER she gets her bachelors.. Hopefully, she will get accepted into med school and from there, (4yrs away) we can see the outlook on life and if she is still as interested in embarking on a military career as well..

Outstanding choice!

seurto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BobBarker said:
Also, if she already has a full ride to LSU, obviously she is a strong student. She needs to look into BS/MD programs. Some are as simple as get accepted, complete 2-3 years of undergrad curriculum with a 3.25 GPA or higher, advance directly to medical school. I know University of Missouri Kansas City had this program as do several others. It cuts off s year, and eliminates a lot of stress about whether or not you will get into medical school.

Again, thanks bob for the info.. We did not know..

Our family is full of engineers, we dont know a whole lot about the medical field..

But we could tell you everything you'd want to know about getting oil outta the ground and into your car..

Latest posts

Top Bottom