Advice for Wanenmachers and what to expect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always worth going to, deals can be found, you will see guns there you never see anywhere else, wear good shoes, be prepared for crowds, spend all day both days, bring something along to make notes on the location of whatever you like, and take lots of money.

Comfortable shoes, note pad or smart phone, a light backpack with a couple bottles of water and snacks if you plan to stay all day. Vendor food is really pricey. Every time I sat in the dining area to rest I've struck up an interesting conversation with someone from a different part of the U.S.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best deals being walked into the store? Like other people bring their own personal guns to sell while walking around?? How do they even advertise what they're selling?

Yep, visitors bringing in firearms to sell. Some will stick a sign into the muzzle of a rifle on their shoulder, or they'll tape a printout onto the backpacks containing their pistols, or sometimes you just have to ask if the firearm they're carrying is for sale. I find they're more motivated to negotiate on whole than vendors with tables of stuff, since the latter have to deal with overhead costs - and don't have to schlep a heavy rifle around the show ;)

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cash is king.
The less cash you have the greater the chance that you'll find some super deal in something you really want... but don't have enough cash on you to buy.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the show. It can get pretty crowded, even hard to walk through the mass of humanity (some of whom, admittedly, could use a bar of soap). Lower level tends to have a lot of antique/hard to find guns. I don't know a damn thing about them, but they are sure purty.

You'll be able to find as big a selection of cool stuff as exists anywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom