Alec Baldwin Charged

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With his money, I'm betting he buys his way out of it. He's already settled the lawsuit with that lady's family. I'm betting he lays all the blame on the armorer gal, and gets away with it. She doesn't have the funds to fight something like this, unless the production company is having to foot her bill. I'll bet she gets time, but Baldwin...that dillweed will skate.

She's okay. Her dad is "the" armorer to the stars. The lawyers will not go hungry.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they're both in danger of being convicted for negligent homicide and Baldwin is doubly (maybe 'triply') likely to be convicted - as both 1. the actor who pointed the gun and pulled the trigger and 2. the executive producer who recklessly ignored or didn't practice due diligence about on-set safety issues (especially those concerning previous accidental discharges on set) - on top of that he 3. as executive producer, hired her or had say about hiring her (diversity hire? money-saving hire?) knowing she had no experience to speak of.

Now whether either will receive prison time upon conviction, I'd say she is more likely to go to jail for some period of time since she's not a famous celebrity (who has a chance of being pardoned by Biden for his gun control stance)...
IIRC, somewhere early on in this debacle it was disclosed that she wasn’t their first choice to be the armorer on the production. I think they said the Rust Production Co. wouldn’t pay enough so other available armorers passed. Because Gutierrez-Reed is young and inexperienced, she took the job at the low salary.

Then once she got on set, they made her be both the armorer AND the assistant prop manager. Between the low pay, inexperienced staff, short staffing, lack of controls on both the set and the props etc., the stage was set for a catastrophic failure. Add in Baldwin’s legendary narcissism and arrogance, someone getting hurt or killed was all but inevitable.

Because of the totality of the circumstances, there won’t be any justice for Halyna Hutchins unless Baldwin goes to prison. Likewise, there won’t be any real changes with the Screen Actors Guild or Hollywood regarding firearms and set safety either.

Gutierrez-Reed isn’t high enough on the food chain to make the industry sit up and pay attention.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Hannah-Gutierrez-Reed-vow-fight-charges.html

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been getting two stories First I heard it was 6 shot revolver, now I'm hearing and AR.
I'm confused!

There are ONLY 2 types of guns, Pedo Joe defined it.

1. A SxS, which is meant to be fired straight up and is all you need for personal protection.

2. Everything else is an AR.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been getting two stories First I heard it was 6 shot revolver, now I'm hearing and AR.
I'm confused!

Since the movie is a Western, I'm fairly positive there are no ARs.

But libturd, woke, Hollyweird circus trash Baldwin could have put an AR in the script to make a statement.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC, somewhere early on in this debacle it was disclosed that she wasn’t their first choice to be the armorer on the production. I think they said the Rust Production Co. wouldn’t pay enough so other available armorers passed. Because Gutierrez-Reed is young and inexperienced, she took the job at the low salary.

Then once she got on set, they made her be both the armorer AND the assistant prop manager. Between the low pay, inexperienced staff, short staffing, lack of controls on both the set and the props etc., the stage was set for a catastrophic failure. Add in Baldwin’s legendary narcissism and arrogance, someone getting hurt or killed was all but inevitable.

Because of the totality of the circumstances, there won’t be any justice for Halyna Hutchins unless Baldwin goes to prison. Likewise, there won’t be any real changes with the Screen Actors Guild or Hollywood regarding firearms and set safety either.

Gutierrez-Reed isn’t high enough on the food chain to make the industry sit up and pay attention.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Hannah-Gutierrez-Reed-vow-fight-charges.html
Honestly I'm not sure that SAG needs to make any changes. They are extremely thorough in their safety protocols. I mean to the point of being way past overkill.

It's been pretty well established that this production wasn't following basically ANY of the established procedures that SAG requires and that many people walking off the set due to safety issues and other reasons is telling. Baldwin was the executive producer and owner of the production company. The fact that it was him holding the gun that killed one of the crew is just sweet irony. He owns it. Lock him up.

ETA: Here is the SAG's bulletin.
https://www.sagaftra.org/files/safety_bulletins_amptp_part_1_9_3_0.pdf

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly I'm not sure that SAG needs to make any changes. They are extremely thorough in their safety protocols. I mean to the point of being way past overkill.

It's been pretty well established that this production wasn't following basically ANY of the established procedures that SAG requires and that many people walking off the set due to safety issues and other reasons is telling. Baldwin was the executive producer and owner of the production company. The fact that it was him holding the gun that killed one of the crew is just sweet irony. He owns it. Lock him up.

ETA: Here is the SAG's bulletin.
https://www.sagaftra.org/files/safety_bulletins_amptp_part_1_9_3_0.pdf
And yet SAG-AFTRA and a bunch of actors are defending this POS, saying he shouldn’t be prosecuted for an accident. If he violated a bunch of their requirements, why are they defending him?

Latest posts

Top Bottom