Am I completely screwed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What sold me that this was serious this time is my wife and several co-workers saying there's no need for these evil war weapons. I couldn't believe my own wife saying this! Something WILL happen this time, too many planets in alignment.

joshua74133

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you buy a AR if you can, but if not.... buy a great hunting rifle don't put everything into one type of Gun... I have a lever action 30-06 that can put my AR to shame as far as accuracy and distance goes.
a great ghillie suit and a 30-06 is a great combo.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can get a lower now at a reasonable price go ahead and get it. At least then you have the serial numbered component pre-ban.

I just hung up the phone with Brownells...I backordered a stripped lower for $120. They expect them to ship in January. I ordered a second one and they said that one probably won't ship until March. It is highly unlikely that a ban will clear both houses of Congress and go into effect for several months if not longer. Manufacturers and dealer stock will eventually catch up. I don't see paying outrageous prices just to have one on hand immediately.

On the other hand, if I miss out on the AR boat, O'well...I won't lose any sleep over it. I'll spend my money on other stuff instead...

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Winchesters in .45 long Colt are among my favorite guns to shoot. Consequently, I'm pretty damn good with them. God forbid I should ever have to use them, but if I did, I'm not sure i could resist the temptation to bellow out, "Pay day boys! Come and get it!" Some of you will get that reference...I hope.
I used to have a 16 inch barrelled '94 Winchester in .44 Mag/.44 Special. Short, light, quick-handling, soft-shooting (at least with .44 Special loads), it was a great little HD carbine. I actually bought it when the last AWB went into effect, for the very reason that it looked so "innocent" compared to those "evil assault rifles". Maybe it's time to get another one....

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMHO, anyone that buys an AR right now is a fool.

"Buy low, sell high" not "freak out and buy now because everyone else is". If you didn't need an AR before today, chances are you don't need one now.

Slow down. Take a deep breath, take a look at your firearms stable and figure out if you can make do with what you have. I bet you can. If you made bad choices before the panic, you can't fix it by making more bad choices in the middle of it.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are reputable shops out there that aren't jacking up the prices beyond what the manufacturers are. I've still seen relatively inexpensive lowers come and go. I suggest that if you really want one you can still get one at a reasonable price. You just have to be patient and shop around. Talk to some of the owners of the shops and see when they are getting another shipment. Be there and get it at the low price. Avoid places you think are charging too much.

At least, this is what I'm doing. I have been planning two more builds for the past 6 months, but needed to wait until the Christmas shopping was done to see what the wallet could bare. I'm still in the market for the lowers, but have three very good leads. All just waiting for their next shipment.

Again, be patient.

Latest posts

Top Bottom