Amazon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny it is the Portland police that keep declaring riots, not the conservatives, and there have been more than a few fires.

View attachment 188295
So back on an actual computer this morning, it looks like your image comes from here:
https://oregoncatalyst.com/48185-100-arson-attacks-portland-10days.html

Which aside from the grammatical errors I'd expect more in our posts than a "news" site leaves off several key things to understanding the chart. For instance would be "What was on fire?" Was it a trash can, dumpster, car, residence, apartment building, skyscraper? How many of these fires required the fire department? Were these confirmed by an authority like the fire department or were these reports? Are some of these duplicate reports? What did the rest of the city look like? For instance here is a map of the area with the area from the picture highlighted:
Capture2.png

I genuinely don't know the answer to the what did the rest of the city look like. And that's one of the problems with that image --- that leaves all context out and ability to understand it out.

Look, I'm not saying that setting fires an endangering lives is a good thing by any means, but I'm also of the opinion that no matter how impressive a chart looks, you have to be getting good data with context. Because were those 100 houses, then it's a lot different than 100 trash cans. (Unless you are named Oscar).

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to pick on you because that would be mean to do to someone like you. And again, you are either trying to sound smarter than you really are OR you really don't think about what you write. For instance ...

There are different types of censorship. The reason for different types of censorship is because there are different REASONS or OBJECTIVES for censoring.

For instance, the censorship on this forum is to facilitate civil discourse. They are not censoring speech to limit speech. They are just trying to prevent people from being "Richard Noggins" which can send forums such as this south. On the flip side, the objective of the censorship from leftist social media platforms is to silence opposing thought much like what the fascist regimes need to do to maintain control.

Do you see a difference now? Light go on? Might try to read you post before hitting “Post Reply” so you might ... wait for it ... censor yourself from saying something stupid (again)?

Lastly ... thank you for graphically illustrating that there is such a thing as a "stupid question".

I'm betting if you speak this way in person you get into a lot of fights.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Banning someone from yelling "FIRE" in a crowed theatre, like it or not, IS censoring them. But we as a society have determined that in that case, it's an ACCEPTABLE censorship. Your argument of intent only factors into the question of acceptability. Jeepers, this is not all that hard.

Banning someone from yelling "FIRE" in a crowed theater is not censorship. It's banning someone from inciting panic. You must consider the context.

[joke] Hearing someone yelling fire in a theater should result in the screen being peppered with holes where the villain last appeared! [/joke] :laugh6:

Woody

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm betting if you speak this way in person you get into a lot of fights.
I speak that way often in person if an idiot is deserving and pushing me. They actually tend to shy away from true honest speaking and such. I guess I play a better poker game or some crap. People like that are just cowards to begin with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom