American Airlines Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Why should I be mad? I just pointed out another Liberal with his "I would gladly pay more in taxes" BS. When you actually call them on it they have no response. I should have told him to give my regards to Warren.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This be what you said...

Grieve? You grieve when a life is lost, not when a job is lost.

Then this be what I said...

grieve 1 (ɡriːv)
- vb
1. to feel or cause to feel great sorrow or distress

I'd say being laid off qualifies. I have personally had to lay off people and I've also been laid off in the past. Neither was fun. It's no joke and nothing to take lightly. Some people handle it better than others.

Then this be what you said ...

Go back and read post # 65. BTW, my wife got laid off from the same place at the same time. Together we lost about $150K in annual pay. There was no grieving. No one was dead, just unemployed for a short time.

And this here is your post #65 from way back that doesn't really have anything to do with anyone other than you...

OKC went through the same thing when Western Electric/AT&T/Lucent Tech/Celestica and General Motors closed their manufacturing plants. I worked for WE/ATT/Lucent/Celestica for 26 years and was one of those evil union peeps making $26/hr + benefits when I got laid off in 2002. They moved our jobs to Montery Mexico where they were paying the mexican workers 1.50/hr. Fortunately for all those years they paid me a living wage all while making millions in corporate profits year after year, I managed my money well and was able to start my retirement at age 47. I now work part time for my self and my wife (who also got laid off from the same in 2002) and I still live quite well. She went back to work full time for 1/2 what she was earning at WE/ATT/Lucent/Celestica but that is life. Such is the new US economy and way of doing business.

So... I don't understand your point. Are you trying to say that just because you were able to easily handle being laid off that everyone else should be able to as well?

Like I said in my first reply... "some people handle it better than others."

Perhaps I'm getting it all wrong... maybe your post was meant as some kind of encouragement to the soon to be laid off workers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom