Anadarko Mazzos ,= layoff/ cant pay their rent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okprepper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anadarko Mazzios decided that they didnt want to pay there lease , and layed off everyone on the spot on sunday .. feel kind of dissapointed bc i worked there for about a yr and had a good steady flow of cash now , that has ended ,and have bills and other , now i am looking to find a job everywhere even a farm hand would be nice but i cant find anyone hireing . shouldn't they give you at least a notice that your job has ended at least a few day , they sure knew that they wasn't going to pay there rent in advance , that's not something that you dont pre-meditate right , all they offered me was a letter of recommendation i know that better than what most offer but they could of told me in advanced or maby at another mazzzios location ... but they only offered that to the managers , and i was a good standing employee , i know complaining about a fast food job is out of line but i am kind of mad bc of the sheer irresponsibility of not thinking that hey i might need to let pple know in advance ..

just my two cent on my recent job layoff

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anadarko is a city name I hear all the time, but I'm not sure where it's at without looking at a map. But if you're able to make it to the OKC metro, there are tons of places with "now hiring" signs in their windows here. I'm sure some are for holiday/temp work only, but delaying unemployment status for another month or so is better than nothing.

Sorry to hear about your job, though. Whether it was a result of today's economy or irresponsibility of management, it sucks to hear about this happening. I wish you the best of luck finding something soon.

okprepper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
sounds like a good idea i wish we had a AR15 Factory or Ak Assembly line then i would be in business lol .. hell i would even do a million reloads .. for money lol .. but yea imma go look asap for a job

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are jobs out there. Tons of jobs. The difficult part is finding them. Requires you to put the leg work in. Burn up the phone lines. and ask around.

From an HR viewpoint. What you said is a low blow to employees. What it sounds like is the Manager didn't want to deliver the bad news and figured they could wait till the last day to do it. Being the person to have that not so fun conversation is always tough. Especially if you are doing it to your entire staff. But that doesn't discount the fact you should owe your employees the curtesy of giving them a bit of a notice.

Good luck in your job hunt. If I'm not mistaken Andarko isn't that far from Chickasha. There should be a few more opportunities there. Fort Cobb could have some possibilities.

Jobs are out there. Might not be the exact place you want to work but its a job regardless.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Norman veterans center is hiring temps. It 6months then you have to reapply or you might get on to a full time spot. It's a state job and a good foot in the door

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
go draw unemployment.

mine just ended.

you get a couple of bucks and then you do some sidework.

i had more money laid off than when i was working.

Would a "prepper" be comfortable receiving entitlements? That's a bit conflicted, no? Or is it just part of "bleeding the beast?"

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have seen first hand what happens when you tell employees they are losing thier job before the actual closing date. They either don't show up, can get there on time, don't do anything once they show up, or do thier job in an unsatisfactory way. They know they can't get fired if they are losing thier job anyway. I can see the reasoning from the managers view, but it's still a bad deal. I'm sorry you lost your job and good luck in your search for another.

Latest posts

Top Bottom