And you thought ammo price gouging was bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still blame them for forcing the Tulsa market into summer blend fuel.

I just wish someone in the Tulsa market would grow some mountain oysters and give QT a little competition.

You do realize that QT prices their fuel UNDER everyone else???
They are the ones that keep other stations in check. QT prices their fuel just a few cents over what they buy it for, sometimes when fuel goes up they sell it at their cost. QT makes very little if any $ on fuel, their profit all comes from inside the store.

rsc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It still depends on the individual store owner. The QT at Yale/Admiral is really screwy with their prices in relation to everyone else. Going up when other QTs are going down, down on a Tuesday or Wednesday to skyrocket on Thursday when the market is stable... :anyone:

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
You do realize that QT prices their fuel UNDER everyone else???
They are the ones that keep other stations in check. QT prices their fuel just a few cents over what they buy it for, sometimes when fuel goes up they sell it at their cost. QT makes very little if any $ on fuel, their profit all comes from inside the store.

That use to be the case before they expanded and built their headquarters out south. I get sick of people saying they only price it pennies above what they pay. I travel out of town 4 days a week, and when the fuel on the turnpike is 10 to 15 cents lower than our local QT, that's BS...

I have traveled this same route for close to 12 years, and I have never seen Tulsa fuel higher than the small towns I go to, except the last two or three years it has become more noticeable. I don't really care what they sell their fuel for, they could price it at 4.00 a gallon if they want, just don't BS me and tell me you are paying 3.95 wholesale.

Pryor's Murphy station had it priced at 3.49 today....

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It still depends on the individual store owner. The QT at Yale/Admiral is really screwy with their prices in relation to everyone else. Going up when other QTs are going down, down on a Tuesday or Wednesday to skyrocket on Thursday when the market is stable... :anyone:

Ah.... No
QT is not a franchise company, every QT store is owned by Chet. It's not public in any way either, so no stock or share holders. The Regonal Superviser decides the pump prices in his area stores. A lot of it goes off area competition prices too. If a store manager sees his competing store with lower prices then QT Will lower them to match or beat those prices. It's the store mangers job to drive by the competitor store every day before work to check their price, he then calls it in to the regonal supervisor.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That use to be the case before they expanded and built their headquarters out south. I get sick of people saying they only price it pennies above what they pay. I travel out of town 4 days a week, and when the fuel on the turnpike is 10 to 15 cents lower than our local QT, that's BS...

I have traveled this same route for close to 12 years, and I have never seen Tulsa fuel higher than the small towns I go to, except the last two or three years it has become more noticeable. I don't really care what they sell their fuel for, they could price it at 4.00 a gallon if they want, just don't BS me and tell me you are paying 3.95 wholesale.

I worked for QT in 2002 when they built the new HQ. I was an Assistant Manager before and after and the policy stayed the same.
It's not BS it's just the truth
QT is a multi Billion $ a year completely private company.... There isnt and probably never will be any compatition for them.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Ah.... No
QT is not a franchise company, every QT store is owned by Chet. It's not public in any way either, so no stock or share holders. The Regonal Superviser decides the pump prices in his area stores. A lot of it goes off area competition prices too. If a store manager sees his competing store with lower prices then QT Will lower them to match or beat those prices. It's the store mangers job to drive by the competitor store every day before work to check their price, he then calls it in to the regonal supervisor.

Well then, if that's the case (which I know is partially true), the EZ Mart at 31st and 209th is still 3.65, so when the manger comes in tomorrow, QT at 193rd should be back to 3.65.. I feel better know. Someone might want to tell the competing stores to quit driving by the QT stores on their way in and doing the same thing.

The problem with your theory is, I can't remember a time every competing store in the QT service area hasn't raised their price to follow QT.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Now I'm really confused.

Latest posts

Top Bottom