Another crazy price increase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called a couple welding supply stores today. I was told they didn’t have the bottle I wanted and that it wouldn’t be available until February as he told me with kind of a smirk, like that was going to happen.

I was was quoted over a grand for a T size bottle of 4500 PSI compressed air.

I filled a K size bottle a couple weeks ago with argon/co2, a 5 lbs and 2.5 lbs with co2, that was $100. At some point people are going to quit buying stuff.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I called a couple welding supply stores today. I was told they didn’t have the bottle I wanted and that it wouldn’t be available until February as he told me with kind of a smirk, like that was going to happen.

I filled a K size bottle a couple weeks ago with argon/co2, a 5 lbs and 2.5 lbs with co2, that was $100. At some point people are going to quit buying stuff.
lol, some of us quit buying a long time ago.
anything that comes on a truck is just going to be stolen lol
heck i'm not convinced it isn't already; that's a part of the "supply" issues.
people are just knocking off trucks and trains and there isn't much reporting on it.

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple months back an old school flip lens welding helmet was $20 at ace, Same helmet now $32, so they upped the price just because. It was the SAME helmet as in the same I looked at months ago. So I nabbed an auto dark that the shelf said was $39.99 well upon check out it rang up as $49. We'll I guess we can say we're making history and maybe I'll be able to sport a T shirt in a few years announcing I survived the brandon regime.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I am at that point, its food an necessities ONLY for a while save that money to put in the market when it hits bottom, I will tell you right now the economy is in recession and we just havent realized it. But that free money the government pumped in is almost gone for many,

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gallon bottled distilled water has doubled in the last 90 days. The gun safe I bought the last week in December is now $500 more.
I was looking at a water distiller for the home a few months back, and the safe is quite likely imported. container freight has exploded from $4000 a container to $24000 to $30,000 per container and the service motto for the container shipped is……… you will get it when you get it no shut up!,

Not much of a slogan but that is the new slogan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom