Another way to handle trespassers - lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty interesting show.........they discussed a Denver man who was tired of his business storage being broken into. He rigged the door with a 12g. A teenage boy broke in and upon opening the door the shotgun killed him. The owner was convicted of manslaughter, and then the the family of the teenager sued him for every penny he had for in a wrongful death suit, and won.

He did accomplish his goal of stopping a thief.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least Oklahoma modified the trespassing laws to help some I this craziness.

I was told by the hughes county sheriff that I'd have to catch the trespassers on my property 4-5 times before they'd actually do anything. They'll just keep giving them warnings and tell them not to come back.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told by the hughes county sheriff that I'd have to catch the trespassers on my property 4-5 times before they'd actually do anything. They'll just keep giving them warnings and tell them not to come back.
If they are trespassing for hunting or fishing, go straight to the game warden. They are more inclined to write a citation.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sounds like the Sheriff knows the trespassers. Doesn't happen that way in my neck of the woods.

Call the GW like OB said. Try something different.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck, on the place I hunt, when I hunt, my mothers land, the county GW leases hunting next to it from my cousin. The fence is not on the property line and he has been trespassing himself. He doesn't know where the property line is. I am sure that most GWs would tell you that it is the responsibility of the hunter to know where the property line is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom