Any CCR Fans in the Building?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thankful for a father with fantastic taste in music...
Anyone else a CCR lover? For that matter, what song (regardless of the artist) brings you back to the good ole days?

I young enough that I hope to God my good ole days are ahead of me. I was raised by hippies with decent taste in music, so that gave me a base to expand from and become the kind of pretentious music snob we all love to hate. Dad liked everything from hard rock and progressive rock to western swing and folk (he saw just about every major concert and countless bar acts that came through Oklahoma during the mid to late 70's. He even remembers a couple of them. :D). Mom was a hardcore blues fan. Leon Russel's eponymous release was the first album she ever bought as a kid. Tulsa sound was big in my house growing up.

I could go on and on about all the songs I can hear that take me back to a certain place. One of the earliest song-related memories is me still remembering where I was when I heard Harvest Moon from start to finish after its release. I remember all the adults being so blown away that "Neil is still outdoing himself."

This album is framed in my living room and still gets a lot of play. One of dad's favorites, so it always evokes childhood memories.
www.covershut.com_covers_Arlo_Guthrie_Washington_County_1997_Front_Cover_64104.jpg

Nyquil Blues is the first song I remember knowing the lyrics too, because dad walked around singing it all the time. Again, the western swing thing.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My earliest music memory was going on family road trips while my dad blasted Alice Cooper's "Welcome to My Nightmare".

4.bp.blogspot.com__e0SU8d6rDoQ_TgQrKYjAuoI_AAAAAAAAEUM_sPpPT2rH9YM_s1600_Welcome_To_My_Nightmare.jpg

The first year I remember hearing it, I didn't like it, but then the second year me and my younger brothers were all about it. Now, it's by far my favorite Alice Cooper album (Brutal Planet being #2), my favorite vinyl I own, and in my opinion one of the best rock albums ever. Every time I listen to it I'm taken back to my parent's Ford Aerostar minivan.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Just about all of their stuff I like. and Bob Seger also.

CCR is on my must listen to list when I go to the dentist and get nitrous.

That and Frank Zappa.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom