Any of you guys buy/own gold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Invest in more cattle, seriously. Gold and silver..... meh. I've been close to buying some for the last 25 years, and have always talked myself out of it and so far I'm not sure that I missed out on anything in the silver/gold market, other than I've made way more by investing elsewhere. 2008 sucked but it is what it is.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ag3650nyb.gif

Silver…. back where it was 10 years ago... LMAO no thanks!!!!

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sold all my gold and silver years ago as well. After researching the gold certificates or ETFs and how they manipulate the price of physical I got out. Only made out with about 5 to 6% gain.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I missed when gold was $400 an oz. I should have bought all I could back then.
Yes, but for some odd reason I didn't have the money then. Wages were lower, family was being raised (kids) and money alone was scarce. In 2006 you could buy an ounce f gold for a little over $800-should have bought a it then since its worth $1500 now.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I bought my wife's wedding ring in 1978 it was about $200 an ounce, if I remember right. I didn't buy any, because that seemed awful high. LOL!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I bought my wife's wedding ring in 1978 it was about $200 an ounce, if I remember right. I didn't buy any, because that seemed awful high. LOL!!

I remember the days when the gold standard had it at $38 and change. Problem then was you couldn’t own bulk gold, only in the form of coins or jewelry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom